• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unemployment rate falls to 4.3% as wages stagnate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    We in the UK are positioning ourselves to look outwards to the rest of the world and beyond as the human race starts to populate the rest of the solar system.
    Making alliances and trade agreements is looking outwards. Destroying them, as Brexit is doing, is inward.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Making alliances and trade agreements is looking outwards. Destroying them, as Brexit is doing, is inward.
      Not if by making an agreement with one you are then restricted with making agreements with others.

Comment

OK then, how about the Guardian or is that horribly biased and peddling fake news?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...lts-in-cologne

A ferocious debate has erupted in Germany over the handling of mass sexual assaults and muggings carried out by groups of young males during New Year’s Eve celebrations in Cologne, amid accusations of a police and media cover-up over fears of whipping up anti-foreigner sentiment in the wake of the migrant crisis.

About 100 complaints have now been made to police, two-thirds of which are linked to sexual assault, including two rapes. According to police and witnesses, the perpetrators were of north African and Arab appearance, although neither the identity nor origin of any of them has so far been established.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Well that says a lot for your reading habits
          My reading list includes:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk
          https://www.thecanary.co
          LabourList | Labour Party News and Comment

Mostly for comedic value, but my mind is most certainly not of the "closed clam" variety of the average SJW poster.

Comment

Originally posted by excon View Post
            My reading list includes:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk
            https://www.thecanary.co
            LabourList | Labour Party News and Comment

Mostly for comedic value, but my mind is most certainly not of the "closed clam" variety of the average SJW poster.
            So presumably you take Breitbart and their ilk seriously then Or do you just look at the pictures in the Daily Mail?
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by tiggat View Post
              If your eyes were a reliable indicator of the state of the economy you'd probably have a much more interesting job than IT contracting
              I'm not an IT Contractor

Jus' saying that in the area I live it feels like the economy is firing on all cylinders. From talking with friends and family throughout the UK the story is much the same. Maybe you just live in a deprived area?

It certainly does not feel like we are on a precipice about to drop off a BREXIT-induced cliff onto the sharp, jaggedy rocks of depression.

So maybe, just maybe, this whole BREXIT malarky won't have much economic effect at all.

Maybe politicians and politics everywhere don't actually have that great effect on peoples lives and maybe its individual companies and consumers across the world who each make individual decisions based on their own best interests that drive things forward and upward.

Ask me again in 12 months time. We should be at "Peak Uncertainty" by then.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                So presumably you take Breitbart and their ilk seriously then Or do you just look at the pictures in the Daily Mail?
                I don't take anyone seriously who's avatar says "It's not racist to deport the TORIES" does that help?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Amazing isn't it? Soon there'll be no unemployed working able people left in the UK.

What's really going on here? Tory's doing a first class job managing the economy? Cause the economy or productivity levels don't appear to be improving, in fact the reverse.

Or an ever increasing ageing population with fewer employable people messing up the stats?

source: Unemployment rate falls to 4.3% as wages stagnate - BBC News
                  we got rid of all our crap workers to Germany?

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                  X