• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC bias further exposed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    for <deity's> sake

We have Aunty that has been repeatedly exposed by credible sources for bias and some tulipheads are trying to score points based on rape in a defunct country that most liberals would want protected from the west's influence.

sad feckwits off you go and find a stone to crawl under!
    Do you need time out in your safe space?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      for <deity's> sake

We have Aunty that has been repeatedly exposed by credible sources for bias and some tulipheads are trying to score points based on rape in a defunct country that most liberals would want protected from the west's influence.

sad feckwits off you go and find a stone to crawl under!
      Vetran, we have a situation where excon and others deny that the BBC reports things, based on their "credible sources" which they don't even check before posting, and when it's pointed out to them that their "credible sources" are incorrect, they then find articles from 10 years ago to say that this is the evidence, while still denying that the BBC has reported the news.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

And I'm finding excon to be an extreme right wing troll.

So I would advise him not to cross my path...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          Where is the problem? Events have moved on. Call out Aung San Suu Kyi as at least an apologist for ethnic cleansing.
          Already starting to happen.

Aung San Suu Kyi: From human rights heroine to alienated icon - BBC News
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Of course, but NAT is a religious maniac, so doesn't understand the thinking behind the Keynes quotation:

When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              And I'm finding excon to be an extreme right wing troll.

So I would advise him not to cross my path...
              I best not find a article about sex or gender discrimination, or the body to post.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I think Keynes was a bit narrow minded. It's evidence that should result in a change of thinking, not just facts. Not all opinions are based on cut and dried facts. For example, there's plenty of evidence that the majority of Brexiters are as thick as mince and incapable for forming or following rational discourse, but it would be a stretch to say it's a fact.

Anyway - like all media organisations, the BBC does have a bias (in this case "liberal") which sometimes affects what it reports on and how it reports it. It's still a hell of a lot more impartial, and certainly more reliable than any other news outlet I can think of.

If someone can suggest another news source which is more reliable, trustworthy and/or impartial, I'd be fascinated to know about it. I might even change my mind on the subject.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  I think Keynes was a bit narrow minded. It's evidence that should result in a change of thinking, not just facts. Not all opinions are based on cut and dried facts. For example, there's plenty of evidence that the majority of Brexiters are as thick as mince and incapable for forming or following rational discourse, but it would be a stretch to say it's a fact.

Anyway - like all media organisations, the BBC does have a bias (in this case "liberal") which sometimes affects what it reports on and how it reports it. It's still a hell of a lot more impartial, and certainly more reliable than any other news outlet I can think of.

If someone can suggest another news source which is more reliable, trustworthy and/or impartial, I'd be fascinated to know about it. I might even change my mind on the subject.
                  He didn't say he only changes his mind when the facts change.

In terms of the BBC, it has a liberal bias on social issues, and a right-wing (or orthodox economics if you prefer) bias on economic issues. It's important to separate out the two, although of course that may be tricky for our simpleton Breixteer (+ scooter + darmy) colleagues.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    He didn't say he only changes his mind when the facts change.

In terms of the BBC, it has a liberal bias on social issues, and a right-wing (or orthodox economics if you prefer) bias on economic issues. It's important to separate out the two, although of course that may be tricky for our simpleton Breixteer (+ scooter + darmy) colleagues.
                    Turning on your own, or just a split?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                      Turning on your own, or just a split?
                      Nah us liberal folk always insult each other.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X