• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extrapolated energy use calculator?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extrapolated energy use calculator?

I see energy use calculators around but none that will let me say "between April and September I used N" and give me an extrapolated whole-year estimate. But it surely must be possible if you have data to work from... clearly the winter months are higher use but how much more should be statistically easy to work out with some error.

Maybe this exists but I can't find it, anyone know of such a tool? Our fixed deal is about to expire and we've been here since April. We know we're going to be high-use as it's an old, draughty house but how high affects which provider is best.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Go with the best for highest option and leave the heating on all the time. Bargain assured.

Comment

Good thinking.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The problem is you are trying to use your summer figures to extrapalate the winter ones.. That's not very clever. What you really. Need is this:

Take a reading of your gas at 9pm tonight and then again tomorrow.

This will give you your full daily useage.

Figure out how many hours you had your boiler running. So for instance my boiler was on for 6 hours...

Find the difference in the today and tomorrow figure and divide that by the number of hours the boiler was on...

This is the burn rate for the boiler

Now think about how many hours you will run the heating each day and times that by your burn rate.

Comment

Working...
        X