• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

general election cost taxpayers £140m.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    I'd imagine Stormont will decide should it ever get back up-and-running. A third is already being eyed-up for what's known as the York Street interchange. Just in case you're interested :

York Street Interchange Scheme
    This is what I'm looking out for: Electronic Health and Care Record - HSCB

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      This is what I'm looking out for: Electronic Health and Care Record - HSCB
      Did I just see you rubbing your hands in glee?

Comment

Did I just see you rubbing your hands in glee?
        There are interesting opportunities. Might work out and might not. Good bunch of people running it.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          She called an election so the people could choose.

I think they call it democracy.
          I'm sorry to say that in this case I think it was about not wanting to be in charge of the Tory Party for Brexit. There was no way Boris was going to be allowed to take Dave's job after the result last year but I really don't think she or any of the top of the Remain supporters thought it through. So she set off with a massive majority and set about turning it into the worst position she could in as few weeks.

No one in their right mind would have brought out the policies that she did and expect a winning vote...

However I do think she expected comrade K to be wiped out by the uKip contingent and at the end was probably bricking herself.

Comment

I'd imagine Stormont will decide should it ever get back up-and-running. A third is already being eyed-up for what's known as the York Street interchange. Just in case you're interested :

York Street Interchange Scheme
            Finally completing it (but needs to be done pre-Brexit to get the EU funding)
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Is it EU funded? I thought it was EU financed. Might have it wrong.

Comment

That was the old deal I think. EU money replace with the some of the 'magic billion'. Anyway...

"Around eight years after it was first announced, cash was finally earmarked for the York Street Interchange development as part of the DUP's £1bn deal with the Tories."

"The bulk of the cash needed to build it, around 40%, was originally due to come from the EU."

York Street Interchange: £165m roads project facing legal challenge - Belfast Telegraph - 28th June 2017

Comment

Apart from 10 people, who got £100,000,000 each
                  NI is part of the UK, and just as happens in Scotland, their politicians fought for more money for their constituents. And they got it. What's the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    NI is part of the UK, and just as happens in Scotland, their politicians fought for more money for their constituents. And they got it. What's the problem?
                    We will have to wait and see.

Court date set for legal challenge to DUP-Tory deal - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X