• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend plans?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFA

Tonight : Beer from Rebellion Brewery its not far from my new work.

Tomorrow : BBQ at my Brothers, weird burgers & Tanglefoot.

Sunday : catch up on chores.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Saturday: set construction
      Sunday: props
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I forgot... Saturday night: neighbour's 40th birthday party (he's not 40 for another month but his wife wanted the party while there was more light in the evening). So it's at a local livery yard where they've set up a marquee and got a band etc. Party started 2 hours ago. He's got two casks of Welton's, which is not that great a beer but it costs about half that of the good stuff. (OK, £87 vs £130 for a firkin)
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          I forgot... Saturday night: neighbour's 40th birthday party (he's not 40 for another month but his wife wanted the party while there was more light in the evening). So it's at a local livery yard where they've set up a marquee and got a band etc. Party started 2 hours ago. He's got two casks of Welton's, which is not that great a beer but it costs about half that of the good stuff. (OK, £87 vs £130 for a firkin)
          it could be worse, -could be old granny toadsucker's old atrocious ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            it could be worse, -could be old granny toadsucker's old atrocious ;-)
            Better known as NLyUK's IPA (I Pissed it Ale)

Comment

Cheapskate Barsteward. Take your own moonshine, I'm sure they won't mind.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Cheapskate Barsteward. Take your own moonshine, I'm sure they won't mind.
                Indeed chuck some fruit in with those gel sachets :- Pruno never tasted so good!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Down your way apparently he got a job lot of Gel packs from eBay.
                  Just to clarify, there was a cyclist involved in an accident near me yesterday. I had nothing to do with it. The corner it happened on is a 90 degree reverse camber bend on a steep part of the road, which was very wet yesterday. Regularly see people (bikes and cars) on the wrong side of the road because they are going too fast.
                  I don't know the state of the people involved, but the road was closed, several police vehicles were there and the air ambulance was brought in (along with at least one other ambulance)
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just to clarify, there was a cyclist involved in an accident near me yesterday. I had nothing to do with it as it was all behind me. The corner it happened on is a 90 degree reverse camber bend on a steep part of the road, which was very wet yesterday. Regularly see people (bikes and cars) on the wrong side of the road because they are going too fast.
                    I don't know the state of the people involved, but the road was closed, several police vehicles were there and the air ambulance was brought in (along with at least one other ambulance)
                    FTFY
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Saturday: set construction
                      My technical director insisted that it would not be possible to construct one of the set pieces in a day. When I challenged him, he quit. Yesterday we built all 6 set pieces in 5 hours. Including the break for lunch.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X