• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend plans?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gables View Post
    Ah I see, anyone behaving like that is not welcome anywhere, MAMIL or not, which I'm not. I was hoping maybe the other fella was a mountain biker and I would find new places to ride, hence my question.
    The mountain bikers round here aren't quite as bad, apart from their insistence on cycling on woodland footpaths when the bike trails get a little muddy.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      The mountain bikers round here aren't quite as bad, apart from their insistence on cycling on woodland footpaths when the bike trails get a little muddy.
      That's a bit off. Although here there isn't that distinction, all is shared, all should be responsible.

Comment

Weekend plans?

That's a bit off. Although here there isn't that distinction, all is shared, all should be responsible.
        Most of the tracks in the woods round here are shared, there's a couple of bike only tracks and a couple of footpaths
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Not in Surrey.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Not in Surrey.
            There are shared paths in Surrey.

Granted not in woodland.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Where are you biking?
              Mostly country lanes / shared paths. It's all pretty pedestrian (ha) stuff. Fifty miles over about 5 hours.

I'm unusual in that I keep my speed down when I'm around other path users and communicate either vocally, with my bike bell or both. So many cyclists hurtle along in stealth mode. Pricks.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                Hoping to pass my test and get my pilots license this weekend. Quite nervous though and weather isn't looking amazing.
                Bit of a late response - I had to cancel a few times due to weather, but I finally got in the air with an examiner this weekend. Stressful couple of hours, but he was pleased and kindly granted me a pass with no negative feedback at all!

Technically I need my license through before I can call myself a pilot, but I figure I'm close enough!

Comment

Bit of a late response - I had to cancel a few times due to weather, but I finally got in the air with an examiner this weekend. Stressful couple of hours, but he was pleased and kindly granted me a pass with no negative feedback at all!

Technically I need my license through before I can call myself a pilot, but I figure I'm close enough!

Comment

Next stop lucrative contract with Ryanair....

Comment

Got your wings eh? Good chap

Comment

Working...
                      X