• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moon Landings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real.

Strongest factor: I'm not a feckin' moron

Supplementary factor: we didn't have the technology to fake it at the time. It was actually easier to go there:

Posted that on Monday Links in January 2013. Do keep up

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      ok I am skeptical

my reason is, if we could land on the moon in the 60's then why haven't we been back since ?
      Money and politics in that order.

Cost loads of money to go into space. There was a recession in the 70s.

If the US isn't doing stuff then the Russians didn't need to compete.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        Real or faked?

Please state the strongest factor influencing your conclusion.

*yes I'm procrastinating more useful tasks*

Anyone who considers that the Moon landing were fake must be the most stupid ignorant [insert word] possible. As for the pseudo-science that skeptics show; it is not even worth time to explain why they are wrong other than, please go and study science.

One factor which I can recall at the time were the radio signals from the Moon. You cannot fake that as any ham radio enthusiast will know.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

They didn't find any oil cheese, so there's no reason to go back.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Anyone who considers that the Moon landing were fake must be the most stupid ignorant [insert word] possible. As for the pseudo-science that skeptics show; it is not even worth time to explain why they are wrong other than, please go and study science.

One factor which I can recall at the time were the radio signals from the Moon. You cannot fake that as any ham radio enthusiast will know.
            How many people do you know who received the radio signals?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

The radio signals are my candidate for strongest evidence. It's why USSR announced the frequency that Sputnik was broadcasting so the whole world could witness it.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Nicks stuff
                  Thinking is what puts the Sapien in Homo Sapien. Without that you're just a Homo.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    How many people do you know who received the radio signals?
                    This may be interesting

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kettering_Grammar_School
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I remember watching one of the later moon walks on TV, then going outside and looking up at the moon. It was amazing to think that as I stood there looking up, there were two blokes walking around up there

I must have been about seven or eight.

It's a shame we've not been back, but I suppose it was very important to spend all the money on fighting to protect civilisation petty squabbles over oil down here instead

Comment

Working...
                      X