Contractor's car park @ Vodafone Newbury HQ..?? Contractor's car park @ Vodafone Newbury HQ..??
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 116

Fingers like lightning

Darren_Test is too good to be a permie

Default Contractor's car park @ Vodafone Newbury HQ..??

They used to have a separate contractor car park (first exit from first roundabout in HQ) long back. Now I checked google map looks like that road ends in a gated field!

Any recent contractors in Newbury HQ, how you manage to park if you are working @ HQ.What are the options and how costly are those options.?

I have seen old messages, not seen anything new how contractors working in HQ are managing it..?
    Last edited by Darren_Test; 15th September 2017 at 20:07.

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk is always on top

Last edited by northernladuk; 15th September 2017 at 20:58.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Fingers like lightning

northernladuk, Thanks for your very kind response. As I mentioned I am looking for recent info on parking sitn...how people are managing now.. ...cost of that..???

Nervous Newbie

bob has no reputation

The contractors car park was closed a few years ago.
    Try Shaw social club, £2 a day - envelope through door and is just a short walk from the site.
    Friday is better as the site barrier is not enforced so I park in one of the main car parks.

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    The contractors car park was closed a few years ago.
    Try Shaw social club, £2 a day - envelope through door and is just a short walk from the site.
    Friday is better as the site barrier is not enforced so I park in one of the main car parks.
    Thanks a lot for this update. I can see Shaw social club is very close and I am sure there will be some shortcuts to HQ as well. I suppose you mean I need prior agreement with them and pay fee by ' envelope through door'.

Good to see Friday is trouble free, hopefully they will not suddenly change their policy. Thanks a lot for this feedback. This is super helpful. thanks.

Contractor Among Contractors

VirtualMonkey 's job has never been outsourced

No prior agreement needed...just your reg number on the envelope so they know the car has been paid for. If not you may well get a 'little note' on your windscreen
    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Fingers like lightning

Thanks a lot

Rate mentioned £2/day is it present rate or past rate..? If it is past rate, can anyone confirm current rate..? Also is it safe to park my 'Lambo' there..?

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

WTFH is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Darren_Test View Post
    Thanks a lot

Rate mentioned £2/day is it present rate or past rate..? If it is past rate, can anyone confirm current rate..? Also is it safe to park my 'Lambo' there..?
    If you've already got a contract there, speak to your client contact and ask them, but try not to do it the same way you do here as they might not be impressed.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Fingers like lightning

MrButton is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    If you've already got a contract there, speak to your client contact and ask them, but try not to do it the same way you do here as they might not be impressed.
    This.

Or call Shaw social.

Or go there and see/ask.

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Totally this. You could even try the agent. They should be pretty clued up about this type of on boarding as every single contractor will be in the same situation.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!