• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Failure to respond to a medical emergency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Are we going to have to phone Luton Mental Health Crisis Team every time Suity posts?
    Who?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Who?
      Whichever of us is on the rota as his on-call key worker.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        German trial over pensioner left to die in bank branch - BBC News

Should the German law be adopted in the UK?

Personally it would not affect me as I always step in. However I am often not the first and usually the last. Except last week when a young attractive lady was knocked off her bike and there was already a large crowd round her....
        Here in the UK it would be assumed the 'stricken' individual was either pissed, or out of their skull on spice.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Reminds me of some years ago when I drove passed a motorcycle accident that had a crowd of people standing around the victim. I changed my mind and turned back only to find they were watching but not doing anything apart from someone had called an ambulance. They did not want to get involved for fear of being sued.
          You won't get sued unless you do something so monumentality stupid according to your level of medical training.

I remember having to look it up years ago as a student then again and again and again etc, because people keep coming out with that tulip.

So as a member of the public you would have to put them in immediate danger, deliberately harm them or steal from them and then you won't be facing a civil case but a criminal one. It's more complicated as a trained first aider or a medical professional but as long as you don't act outside your training or how you are instructed to by a more competent individual then there is no case against you. This is due to the principle @barrydidit has pointed out.

I got a knife from the car to cut the backpack and helmet strap off the victim and made sure she (young kid) was breathing... covered her with a blanket etc. I got some thanks from the Ambulance men.

Never presume that bystanders are doing something.
          Well done you.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Reminds me of some years ago when I drove passed a motorcycle accident that had a crowd of people standing around the victim. I changed my mind and turned back only to find they were watching but not doing anything apart from someone had called an ambulance. They did not want to get involved for fear of being sued.

I got a knife from the car to cut the backpack and helmet strap off the victim and made sure she (young kid) was breathing... covered her with a blanket etc. I got some thanks from the Ambulance men.

Never presume that bystanders are doing something.
            I've heard of people in China afraid of getting involved because they can be responsible for medical bills. Or perhaps in the US but never heard of anyone getting sued in the UK. Are you sure you are not a Russian spam bot?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              I've heard of people in China afraid of getting involved because they can be responsible for medical bills. Or perhaps in the US but never heard of anyone getting sued in the UK. Are you sure you are not a Russian spam bot?
              He's an HMRC mole.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Twit Twit Who?
                he thinks he is an owl now?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  he thinks he is an owl now?
                  Is it real or a replicant?

Comment

Working...
                  X