• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Failure to respond to a medical emergency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failure to respond to a medical emergency

German trial over pensioner left to die in bank branch - BBC News

Should the German law be adopted in the UK?

Personally it would not affect me as I always step in. However I am often not the first and usually the last. Except last week when a young attractive lady was knocked off her bike and there was already a large crowd round her....

Always pays to check the pockets for ID/pictures of the Queen before anyone gets there. Also, those Rolex watches can cut circulation so are best removed.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      Always pays to check the pockets for ID/pictures of the Queen before anyone gets there. Also, those Rolex watches can cut circulation so are best removed.
      So can a lady's bra.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        So can a lady's bra.
        Loosening clothing comes after removal of valuables and before dialling the 9's.

Comment

I believe this is also the law in France and Spain.

It's not needed in the UK though since, as a result of being all round decent chaps, we don't need a law to state the obvious.

Comment

Tut tut not obeying ze rules.

the fabric of german society is unravelling at an unprecedented rate.

I blame the immigrants.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              German trial over pensioner left to die in bank branch - BBC News

Should the German law be adopted in the UK?

Personally it would not affect me as I always step in. However I am often not the first and usually the last. Except last week when a young attractive lady was knocked off her bike and there was already a large crowd round her....
              Reminds me of some years ago when I drove passed a motorcycle accident that had a crowd of people standing around the victim. I changed my mind and turned back only to find they were watching but not doing anything apart from someone had called an ambulance. They did not want to get involved for fear of being sued.

I got a knife from the car to cut the backpack and helmet strap off the victim and made sure she (young kid) was breathing... covered her with a blanket etc. I got some thanks from the Ambulance men.

Never presume that bystanders are doing something.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Perhaps sometimes it's justifiable to let nature take its course: Mountain rescue plea after man's Snowdon climb in pants - BBC News

Comment

Are we going to have to phone Luton Mental Health Crisis Team every time Suity posts?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    Always remember ABCDE

(Airway, Breathing, Circulation, Defibrillation, Empty Wallet)
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X