• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bleedin Train Drivers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bleedin Train Drivers

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...-a3637531.html

What is it with these bleedin train drivers - never happy for what is a relatively easy job. Train unions far too powerful imho.

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    What is it with these bleedin train drivers - never happy for what is a relatively easy job. Train unions far too powerful imho.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
      https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...-a3637531.html

At least they don't accept everything successive governments do to them.

At least they don't take out insurance or join some tulipty self serving organization that pretends to represent them whilst moving their head office to one of the most expensive parts of the world.

At least they are having a go unlike us.

Comment

A starting salary of £60k and a four day I would love to be that hard up
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          it's old, but i doubt things have changed :
          Want to be a Tube driver? Well, you can't. Here's why - Telegraph

Comment

I thought your butler earned more than that?

Driverless trains are the way forward.

Though as a cyclist I am happier with strikes. The roads get completely jammed with cars making it far easier and safer. I am never sure where all these cars park?

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
              I would get on a driverless train. However not one with this numpty at the controls.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I would get on a driverless train. However not one with this numpty at the controls.
                you already are on one, or hadn't you noticed????

Comment

£50k it seems, not £60k.

How well off are London's tube staff and why are they striking?

If there is a group of working class people who can use their industrial muscle to achieve a decent standard of living in London, good for them.

Comment

Working...
                  X