• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

www.192.com

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

www.192.com

Very impressed with this. Not used it before. The mapping feature is much much better than google earth and brilliant for checking out houses when you're looking to buy somewhere. Check it out.

www.192.com
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

This is similar but better.

http://maps.live.com/

And it's Microsoft. So it must be good.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

So how exactly does it show better pictures of my house. Only showed maps. I think 192 is better. I could even see my car on the drive!!!

Got it, aerial.

No its the same. I thought 192 is quicker at zooming in though.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

It has pictures too. Click the icon that looks like skyscrapers and you get large and very detailed photos at several angles.

Microsoft call them birds eye views.
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

I can't see the cars in my drive, all that I can see is a building site

The buildings were finished in 2000.

tim

Comment

Can you angle it so you can see through windows...?

There's an all-female college in Oxford that would be a very popular place to visit.

At Oxford University Press, all the (male) senior managers had offices that overlooked those particular halls, whose curtains were always open... Hmmmm

Then there was the Director of ELT who had a screensaver that consisted of pictures of sexually transmitted diseases (female only).....
            Last edited by mcquiggd; 26 November 2006, 16:13.
            Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
            X