• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wife's 40th birthday. What to do/buy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Trust membership
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
      I am the worst at buying gifts or coming up with romantic or adventurous ideas.

So - with some degree of seriousness to this request - what have you bought (for your partner) or done (for your partner) for major milestone birthdays?
      Hormone replacement therapy
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I gave my missus what she has always wanted for the big 40.

A divorce.

Comment

My missus wanted loads of presents for her 40th. I just ended up giving her one...
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            My missus wanted loads of presents for her 40th. I just ended up giving her one...
            She got loads. Trust me on that.

Comment

But seriously... I'd hate to be sexist but I'll guess your wife just likes being made a fuss of rather than material presents so the winner is...

Work with a few friends and family. Give each a month of the year, you take a couple. In each month that person arranges an experience. A meal out with friends somewhere nice one month, spa another, theater another, weekend away and so on. Celebrate the birthday at each. Put it together in a little book and give her that as a present. That way she has something nice to look forward to every month for the next year. She's pampered for the whole year rather than just a day or a weekend. The thought and effort will be much appreciated as will being the center of attention at each do she goes to. Like 12 mini parties.... If you don't get your oats regularly over the rest of year I'll be a blue arsed baboon.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I try to avoid doing stuff on my birthday, it always seems to be way more important to other people than it is to me.
                I wish she was more like you!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  I gave my missus what she has always wanted for the big 40.

A divorce.
                  Expensive but worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                    I wish she was more like you!
                    No you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      But seriously... I'd hate to be sexist but I'll guess your wife just likes being made a fuss of rather than material presents so the winner is...

Work with a few friends and family. Give each a month of the year, you take a couple. In each month that person arranges an experience. A meal out with friends somewhere nice one month, spa another, theater another, weekend away and so on. Celebrate the birthday at each. Put it together in a little book and give her that as a present. That way she has something nice to look forward to every month for the next year. She's pampered for the whole year rather than just a day or a weekend. The thought and effort will be much appreciated as will being the center of attention at each do she goes to. Like 12 mini parties.... If you don't get your oats regularly over the rest of year I'll be a blue arsed baboon.
                      Jeez. Cheaper to get your oats down Sauna 2000 than that lot.
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X