• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wife's 40th birthday. What to do/buy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    why? Are they not as good as a Henry?
    I imagine, given where it was shoved, a nice Dyson cordless would be preferable

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
      A Dyson
      An ex of mine's dad was on the spectrum and never bought his wife a present to her great anguish. One year he proudly handed over a neatly wrapped birthday gift. She unwrapped it and burst out crying and he said, 'But you said you needed Hoover bags!'

True story.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        I imagine, given where it was shoved, a nice Dyson cordless would be preferable
        Neater with a bag.

Comment

I once bought my wife a torque-wrench for her birthday.
          I can still feel the indentation on the side of my skull.......

Comment

Why does it take the Scottish man amongst you to be the romantic? Nae wonder me English rose was won over wit me banter. Or was it... never mind.

Coincidently it is Mrs Scooter's 40th Geburtstag auch dies Jahr und... so we're going abroad. But that's already another happening not so related to birthday.

For me, a birthday is a celebration of life. Material things are not going to cut it. Instead, my idea is to create a book, more like a photo book, of all the great things that has happened to her to get to this point. Too often I forget the good memories and many of them involve my love of my life (1 glass of pinot noir folks is enough) and less should she forget what is important is not the years ahead but a reminder of the happy ones that came before.
            Last edited by scooterscot; 19 September 2017, 20:06.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Why does it take the Scottish man amongst you to be the romantic? Nae wonder me English rose was won over wit me banter. Or was it... never mind.

Coincidently it is Mrs Scooter's 40th Geburtstag auch dies Jahr und... so we're going abroad. But that's already another happening not so related to birthday.

For me, a birthday is a celebration of life. Material things are not going to cut it. Instead, my idea is to create a book, more like a photo book, of all the great things that has happened to her to get to this point. Too often I forget the good memories and many of them involve my love of my life (1 glass of pinot noir folks is enough) and less should she forget what is important is not the years ahead but a reminder of the happy ones that came before.
              Photoshopping yourself out of all those photos is real dedication.

Comment

You can't photoshop out love. (Two glasses in case you're wondering).
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  An ex of mine's dad was on the spectrum and never bought his wife a present to her great anguish. One year he proudly handed over a neatly wrapped birthday gift. She unwrapped it and burst out crying and he said, 'But you said you needed Hoover bags!'

True story.
                  Sounds similar to a guy I know who bought his wife car mats for their first anniversary.
                  It really is the thought that counts.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    Sounds similar to a guy I know who bought his wife car mats for their first anniversary.
                    It really is the thought that counts.
                    Gave an oven glove as well once... I just wanted to make sure she wasn't acting pissed off when she got the Dyson... She wasn't.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You guys are terrible.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X