• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NHS and HMRC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    And doctors not being paid enough.

Isn't it also to do with the number of female doctors who go part-time when the nippers arrive, but I'm not sure we're allowed to mention that?
    Nope. I read a study the other week.

Apparently all doctors that can regardless of gender and age are going part-time.

Younger ones have a fear of burning out so start working part-time as soon as they can. Older ones are burnt out so are working part-time until they can retire. Regardless of age they've worked out a certain amount of money from the NHS is enough. If they don't have children, then they either work in the private sector and/or indulge in their hobbies.

BTW I actually know some doctors - consultants and GPs with many years experience - and not all have children but all work part-time for the NHS.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Nope. I read a study the other week.

Apparently all doctors that can regardless of gender and age are going part-time.

Younger ones have a fear of burning out so start working part-time as soon as they can. Older ones are burnt out so are working part-time until they can retire. Regardless of age they've worked out a certain amount of money from the NHS is enough. If they don't have children, then they either work in the private sector and/or indulge in their hobbies.

BTW I actually know some doctors - consultants and GPs with many years experience - and not all have children but all work part-time for the NHS.
      Fair enough. So basically they get paid enough to do it. Not sure how you'd fix that!

Comment

And doctors not being paid enough.

Isn't it also to do with the number of female doctors who go part-time when the nippers arrive, but I'm not sure we're allowed to mention that?
        Of course that's OK to mention. It should be taken into consideration in workforce planning models.

Comment

Fair enough. So basically they get paid enough to do it. Not sure how you'd fix that!
          You pay them less they will still work part-time for the NHS, but at 50% rather than 70-80% . The other 50% will be in the private sector.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            You pay them less they will still work part-time for the NHS, but at 50% rather than 70-80% . The other 50% will be in the private sector.
            Why not make the cost of study inversely proportional to the number of years worked for the NHS?

Comment

Why not make the cost of study inversely proportional to the number of years worked for the NHS?
              Get the NHS to cover annual repayment of student loans (pro rata if part-time) for registered healthcare professionals.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                Get the NHS to cover annual repayment of student loans (pro rata if part-time) for registered healthcare professionals.
                let's be clear. This September's intake of students into healthcare is the 1st lot that will have to fund themselves. Previous years have all been bursaried.
                mrs.l. teaches them and the intake is higher than ever, and the quality may well be better (the last few years has seen some real ****wits grabbing the last of the funded places).

So we wait and see as it may work out better.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  He's not talking about a funding issue more a staffing issue. If you are waiting hours for an X-ray that's because there are no staff to do the X-rays
                  Mrs Acme used to be a Radiographer in A&E. A lot of the delay is caused by Patients being sent for X-rays that aren't clinically needed. Funnily enough the radiography department does the important/urgent ones first.

Comment

Originally posted by Acme Thunderer View Post
                    Mrs Acme used to be a Radiographer in A&E. A lot of the delay is caused by Patients being sent for X-rays that aren't clinically needed. Funnily enough the radiography department does the important/urgent ones first.
                    Apparently some hospitals use to have forms where the doctor had to write in why they needed a particular x-ray or test. If they didn't fill it in the patient didn't get it.

Comment

NHS don't want to raise their heads above the parapet and then get shot down for "wasting" so much money on temps/contractors, its a lose/lose for them so they keep quite and let the BMA etc do the complaining
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X