• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NHS and HMRC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Do you believe the NHS funding problem is due to IR35 and contractors?
    Locums and agency nurses have been hit with it. So IR35 is having an effect
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Apparently some hospitals use to have forms where the doctor had to write in why they needed a particular x-ray or test. If they didn't fill it in the patient didn't get it.
      Just because a someone has to fill in a form for an X-ray doesn't stop them for asking for something that isn't needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Acme Thunderer View Post
        Just because a someone has to fill in a form for an X-ray doesn't stop them for asking for something that isn't needed.
        I think you misunderstood me. The forms had questions like - How will this test help with your diagnosis? Obviously if you think a bone is broken you can answer it and in a sensible way, but not if the person has ear ache. That helped to cut down on the number of x-rays done.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I think you misunderstood me. The forms had questions like - How will this test help with your diagnosis? Obviously if you think a bone is broken you can answer it and in a sensible way, but not if the person has ear ache. That helped to cut down on the number of x-rays done.
          Electronic request forms for radiology investigations still require a reason to be recorded. I suspect it is a statutory requirement (but possibly that's not correct).

Comment

Originally posted by Acme Thunderer View Post
            Mrs Acme used to be a Radiographer in A&E. A lot of the delay is caused by Patients being sent for X-rays that aren't clinically needed. Funnily enough the radiography department does the important/urgent ones first.
            An arm that clearly looks broken would seem to qualify as clinically needed. It still took 5 hours to sort.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy View Post
              An arm that clearly looks broken would seem to qualify as clinically needed. It still took 5 hours to sort.
              It's only an arm.

She has another one.

On a more serious note hope it wasn't too painful.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy View Post
                Was it a five hour wait for an X-Ray from the time at which it was requested, or a five hour stay in ED from arrival to discharge? Or something else?

Comment

Sorry - yes I did misunderstand your comment.

Comment

Working...
                  X