• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So will we vilify these people for claiming?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grenfell death toll may fall as 'fraudsters have invented missing loved ones'

For trying to make money out of other people's grief?

Or just blame the Tories?

Originally posted by original PM View Post

^ This

Rich people cause all suffering, 'innit?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Grenfell death toll may fall as 'fraudsters have invented missing loved ones'

For trying to make money out of other people's grief?

It's all the fault of the Tories and the Police. Chap being interviewed on the news tonight blamed the police for flats being looted since the fire, but didn't condemn the thieves. Some of these communities need to look at themselves and stop blaming others.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        It's all the fault of the Tories and the Police. Chap being interviewed on the news tonight blamed the police for flats being looted since the fire, but didn't condemn the thieves. Some of these communities need to look at themselves and stop blaming others.
        Collective guilt for communities? You charmer.

Comment

You need to blame the individuals responsible. Think of them the same away you think of white people who kill others, and not the way you think of Muslims who do the same.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Some of the thieves are expected to people involved in the clean up. One flat allegedly had stuff missing. All the items except the money were found in the storage facilities that they are using.

In regards to "the communities needing to look at themselves " - one of the complaints before they put security in place was people coming onto the grounds and taking selfies. They never stated where these people came from but as I know lots of people in the SE have passed the tower on their travels than the people could be absolutely anyone.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It was far too tempting not to do something like this. No different to any other white-collar crime.

The only thing I don't like is the fact that someone had to rake around looking for a phantom corpse or dozen in that helming hole.

Comment

It's part of the growing culture of victimhood.

It's not their fault that their home burnt down and killed most of their neighbours and family, and I suspect some prison sentences as the inquiry finds out what happened. All very sad.

It just seems that being a victim becomes a life-defining event for some people. Or is that just the way it gets reported?
                I see it in other walks of life. "I'm a <insert a reason>, therefore you must all make special efforts for me.". Which is fine but I've seen people become nothing other than an extension of <whatever it was>, and cease to be themselves any longer. Which I suppose is also fine as a personal choice, but it's not for me. I want to be defined by what I do, who I am and where I want to go. Defined by me, not by events that happen to me.

/philosophy
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  It's part of the growing culture of victimhood.

It's not their fault that their home burnt down and killed most of their neighbours and family, and I suspect some prison sentences as the inquiry finds out what happened. All very sad.

It just seems that being a victim becomes a life-defining event for some people. Or is that just the way it gets reported?
                  I see it in other walks of life. "I'm a <insert a reason>, therefore you must all make special efforts for me.". Which is fine but I've seen people become nothing other than an extension of <whatever it was>, and cease to be themselves any longer. Which I suppose is also fine as a personal choice, but it's not for me. I want to be defined by what I do, who I am and where I want to go. Defined by me, not by events that happen to me.

/philosophy
                  Being a victim gets you money and beats working.

Also many of these people have been bought up to believe they are 'disadvantaged' and 'victims of the ills of society' and so it's a role they fit into nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                    It was far too tempting not to do something like this. No different to any other white-collar crime.

The only thing I don't like is the fact that someone had to rake around looking for a phantom corpse or dozen in that helming hole.
                    No - no it wasn't - really we are in the 21st century - do we really still think it is acceptable to scrabble through the charred remains of our neighbours in the hope of finding something new and shiny?

No it is not and this is why it should be cracked down on - it's is uncivilised and it is barbaric and has absolutely no place in 21st century Britain.

Comment

Working...
                    X