• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top of the property market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Houses in the area I live in are not even getting viewers and plenty of reductions in asking price.
    Hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      Hmmm.

Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        Think about it.

Comment

Cheapest mortgage deals removed as BoE hints at rate increases sooner rather than later...

Sell, sell, sell!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Cheapest mortgage deals removed as BoE hints at rate increases sooner rather than later...
            If only they'd hinted at rate reduction we could have a 30 year fixed at 1%.

On previous form (i.e. going back to about 2009 when rates were last changed), they can hint all they like but their monthly rate review meeting is more about reviewing the tea and biscuits on offer. That's a real tough job they have at the BoE: Rich Tea or digestive.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Sell, sell, sell!
              So you get a worse interest rate for a 50% deposit compared to a 35% deposit. Doesn't exactly incentivise people to put down more cash.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                So you get a worse interest rate for a 50% deposit compared to a 35% deposit. Doesn't exactly incentivise people to put down more cash.
                Don't forget the fix duration. The 50% deposit deal is fixed for five years, whereas the two 35% deposit deals are fixed for only two.

Comment

Must be near the top, the government are saying they'll extend Help to Buy by another 10 billion to help buyers that can only afford 5% deposit get into massive debt for a new build tulipbox.

All part of 'listening' to the younger voters now the cons are tulip scared of losing to Labour at the next election after Corbyn getting them onside in the last one.

Theresa May pledges help for young on student fees and housing - BBC News

How about they stop throwing public money at the law of economics and let the housing market re-balance naturally, making property more affordable for everyone.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Cretinous Cons hope they can buy votes with tiny bribes - it won't work and just will help Komrade Kolonel Korbyn ruin the economy later.

Well done Brexiters.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Cretinous Cons hope they can buy votes with tiny bribes - it won't work and just will help Komrade Kolonel Korbyn ruin the economy later.

Well done Brexiters.
                      You're welcome. Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                      X