• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tricky Situation..but I am happy to be in.!! Any advice highly appreciated...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any advice on these..?

What should I do in next 2 weeks..? What you will do if you were in my situation (Honestly I am really enjoying this after few months in bench)

1. Keep on applying and attending interviews (& signing contracts) until you land on your office chair
    2. Sign Offer-2 contract as well, because first one got SC process dependency and could delay if that process takes long
    3. Join which ever role starts first takes you to your office desk. And say sorry to the other one and face legal issues if the agency press as you already signed contract. Also may face life long black list by the agency.
    4. First one is signed already, so put all eggs in that basket and take risk by not signing second one though SC could be delayed

Please suggest what you will do..?. I am thinking of doing 1,2 &3.
    Last edited by Darren_Test; 20 September 2017, 13:24.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Responses in an envelope posted through the letter box please.

Option 4 - Post this question on your Psychcandy account. As hard to believe as it is, even that one has more credibility and professionalism than this one.
      Well thank you for the compliment NLUK but I'm afraid this one has nothing to do with me. As I've said before, if the cat had kittens I'd get the blame.

I'm still doing my local inside IR35 public sector gig. Very nice it is too. Not leaving here in a hurry!
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
        That is why I am asking help from you..
        Unfortunately I can't help. As an uninterested random person on the Internet who has next to zero facts of a situation that is heavily dependant on the OPs personal situation, I believe to give potentially life changing advice involving 10's, nay 100s of K GBP would be, not only negligent but totally bloody useless.

Sorry.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You haven't got any room to do anything here; you've already signed contract 1. They're paying a pretty penny to put you through your SC clearance; I'd say if you get any interviews come up, attend them and see what happens. By all means keep applying and attending interviews, but don't sign multiple contracts and then try to back out of them - that's just asking for trouble.

Oh, FYI - if you do sign two and then back out of one and face legal action, be prepared to spend a lot of time and energy worrying about it if it goes the distance in to court. A company my friend had formed which I was somewhat involved in (but not a director of) had legal action taken against them / him, and I was somewhat implicated. Even though the actions weren't directly against me, I was so stressed at even the thought of being roped into it all.

TL;DR - Don't sign any more contracts.

Comment

Unfortunately I can't help. As an uninterested random person on the Internet who has next to zero facts of a situation that is heavily dependant on the OPs personal situation, I believe to give potentially life changing advice involving 10's, nay 100s of K GBP would be, not only negligent but totally bloody useless.

Sorry.
            shouldn't stop you from giving your opinion, I may or may not take it..

Comment

shouldn't stop you from giving your opinion, I may or may not take it..
              If that's the case I'd take the one that is offering SC clearance which has the possibility of opening more doors longer term and also happens to be the one you've signed and the one you are going to get your pants pulled down when you attempt to leave early. Happy days.

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
                You haven't got any room to do anything here; you've already signed contract 1. They're paying a pretty penny to put you through your SC clearance; I'd say if you get any interviews come up, attend them and see what happens. By all means keep applying and attending interviews, but don't sign multiple contracts and then try to back out of them - that's just asking for trouble.

Oh, FYI - if you do sign two and then back out of one and face legal action, be prepared to spend a lot of time and energy worrying about it if it goes the distance in to court. A company my friend had formed which I was somewhat involved in (but not a director of) had legal action taken against them / him, and I was somewhat implicated. Even though the actions weren't directly against me, I was so stressed at even the thought of being roped into it all.

TL;DR - Don't sign any more contracts.
                But I will be in pickle if SC process gets delayed and agency decided to on-board guys with valid SC first and ask me to wait until next opportunity..

I haven't started role so may not impact the agency much..?

Comment

...Offer-1 could be bit dull though Agile, DevOps, Infra, Cloud all are mentioned during chat with them
                  Offer-2 could be Agile, IoT more in line with what I did in last 5+ years
                  So you want to pick the gig in your comfort zone using 5 year old methodology/tech or the one that appears to have all the buzz words everyone is talking about at the moment? Hmmmmm

Comment

But I will be in pickle if SC process gets delayed and agency decided to on-board guys with valid SC first and ask me to wait until next opportunity..

I haven't started role so may not impact the agency much..?
                    They can't. You are in contract and that's the risk they've decided to manage. They will probably take the contract alot more seriously than you appear to.

Comment

So you want to pick the gig in your comfort zone using 5 year old methodology/tech or the one that appears to have all the buzz words everyone is talking about at the moment? Hmmmmm
                      if I had clarity I will not put post in this forum..I want to see how others in similar sitn done or will do...

Comment

Working...
                      X