• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tricky Situation..but I am happy to be in.!! Any advice highly appreciated...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did this thread get to 8 pages?

Comment

Originally posted by Smackdown View Post
      I only read the first page of the thread.

I would go for option 1, especially with the cloud technology etc.

The extra % means f-all when you're already raking it in.
      That means after few months of bench again loosing money for few more weeks! Also SC clearance could be further delayed..
      that is too much.

My current plan is this..should work for all parties involved.

to sign Offer-2 contract as well, this time I will read it properly and ensure it got 2 weeks notice clause.
      Join Offer-2 if they get me in office first, keep looking for SC update. Once it is cleared give notice and join back @ offer-1.
      If SC delayed beyond agreed start date, give notice to offer-1 agency saying breach of contract ( there is a clause for that)

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
        That means after few months of bench again loosing money for few more weeks! Also SC clearance could be further delayed..
        that is too much.

to sign Offer-2 contract as well, this time I will read it properly and ensure it got 2 weeks notice clause.
        Join Offer-2 if they get me in office first, keep looking for SC update. Once it is cleared give notice and join back @ offer-1.
        If SC delayed beyond agreed start date, give notice to offer-1 agency saying breach of contract ( there is a clause for that)
        That just isn't possible in this situation. How does you quitting 2 weeks in / before the contract starts "work" for the client?

Comment

Moved to General, because this is obviously not professional...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

that is too much.

I've told you already. Late start is not a breach of contract. The contract has started, the fact you have no work to do means you don't get paid. If the client asks you not to come in over xmas it's the same thing. You don't come in you don't get paid. It's not breach. It's part of the T&M nature of your contract. If you were even half competent at reading contracts you should know this.

Does the clause specifically say if the contract does not start on time it's void? What exactly does this clause say?

Again you haven't mentioned getting your contracts reviewed by a professional.
            Last edited by northernladuk; 20 September 2017, 21:16.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              I've told you already. Late start is not a breach of contract. The contract has started, the fact you have no work to do means you don't get paid. If the client asks you not to come in over xmas it's the same thing. You don't come in you don't get paid. It's not breach. It's part of the T&M nature of your contract. If you were even half competent at reading contracts you should know this.

Does the clause specifically say if the contract does not start on time it's void? What exactly does this clause say?

Again you haven't mentioned getting your contracts reviewed by a professional.
              Come on love. Who gets the car park implied contract terms reviewed?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                Come on love. Who gets the car park implied contract terms reviewed?
                Aren't we discussing envelopes?
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Aren't we discussing envelopes?
                  It's a back of the envelope conversation.

Comment

thanks..

I talked to a colleague of mine who is in similar situation (waiting for SC in the same project/client/agency). He also took another temp role and planned to leave that once SC is done - exactly same strategy as me.

So I believe we both are helping clients desperately looking for resources and helping projects.

BTW my contract-2 got 2 weeks notice only so all looks ideal.

Comment

thanks..

I talked to a colleague of mine who is in similar situation (waiting for SC in the same project/client/agency). He also took another temp role and planned to leave that once SC is done - exactly same strategy as me.

So I believe we both are helping clients desperately looking for resources and helping projects.

BTW my contract-2 got 2 weeks notice only so all looks ideal.
                      Have you told the client you are helping that you are planning to ditch them the moment your better opportunity is signed and sealed?

Comment

Working...
                      X