• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 in or out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 in or out

It says on my contract that I can provide someone in my absence to do my job if I cannot make it

Is that a good sign my contract is outwith IR35? If it is and i set i =t up can i claim train and bus fare to and from work.

thanks

Originally posted by Gramfin View Post
    It says on my contract that I can provide someone in my absence to do my job if I cannot make it

Is that a good sign my contract is outwith IR35? If it is and i set i =t up can i claim train and bus fare to and from work.

thanks
    This really should be in the Business forum rather than General.

Substitution is usually a good pointer to being outside IR35 but, it's not just down to what the contract says. The reality of the subs situation is more relevant ie can you actually bring in a subby, is the end client happy to have a subby, can they veto the use of a subby.

Overall, you should have your contract professionally reviewed for IR35 status. It doesnt cost a lot in the scheme of thing and could save you a fortune in back tax and penalties etc.

Comment

Not really. It's poorly researched and understood and not asked very well. Also linked it to another topic that could easily be researched more as well.

Reasonable response although

Substitution is usually a good pointer to being outside IR35
      Not if it's not written properly it's not. If the client can refuse then it's nigh on useless. It has to be unfettered.

Don't forget to tell him to read the newbies guides on the right from top to bottom. His answers and more are in there.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 20 September 2017, 21:17.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X