• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halal tulipe food

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Are you suggesting that CUK posters are committed to 'dog whistle' Muslim bashing?
    Some are. Are you suggesting that is not true?

In this case the test would be their thoughts on the general welfare of animals in slaughter houses and I don’t see anyone here wishing anything other than the least painful death possible.
    By concentrating of the general welfare of animals in slaughter houses, people are picking on the segment of the supply chain where they can bash Muslims (even on CUK people generally stop at bashing Jewish people). If animal welfare was the genuine concern, we would also see people discussing going to the school headteacher to demand free range meat, eggs and dairy products. Or do you really think it is just one big coincidence that Halal is the focus? Wise up, man - you're not one of the idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      most Jewish people I've met are pretty pragmatic and would probably be happy to accept stunned kosher meat as a compromise.
      When we reach the sunny uplands of Brexit and have our control back we can legislate for all meat to be stunned and the very few that prefer to taste the fear can import it.
      Good to see a lively non-Brexit thread for once.
      Ahem.

Comment

Good to see a lively non-Brexit thread for once.
        I’m STUNNED about how badly the negotiations are going. The day we finally have a hard Brexit, I will probably go out and get SLAUGHTERED.

(Is that better?)
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          If you genuinely care, give your child a packed lunch which meets your religious convictions.

...but if you are going to try to claim it’s about the method of slaughter, get your facts right about stunning before making a fool of yourself in front of the head.
          I wonder where the school is?

Apparently all meat in Lancashire schools is non stun

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
            I wonder where the school is?

Apparently all meat in Lancashire schools is non stun
            A Breitbart link? really???
            I thought you were trying to defend your position and not be called out as a raving bigot.
            Britain First have some views that support your argument as well.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
              A Breitbart link? really???
              I thought you were trying to defend your position and not be called out as a raving bigot.
              Britain First have some views that support your argument as well.
              It's hardly gonna be in the Guardian is it?

Comment

I’m STUNNED about how badly the negotiations are going. The day we finally have a hard Brexit, I will probably go out and get SLAUGHTERED.

(Is that better?)
                Will you be going for the Halal or non-Halal option?
                Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
                  It's hardly gonna be in the Guardian is it?
                  Other links are available.

Lancashire council leader accused of halal meat 'crusade' - BBC News
                  Lancashire schools ‘Halal’ row is back on the menu (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Comment

It's desperate when you have help the people you're arguing with form their argument articulately isn't it?
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

If you genuinely care, give your child a packed lunch which meets your religious convictions.

...but if you are going to try to claim it’s about the method of slaughter, get your facts right about stunning before making a fool of yourself in front of the head.
                      Seems that you're selectively reading posts before responding.

Let me repeat:
                      My problem is around the forced decision to feed all children Halal meat in my kid's school. I don't care if you eat Halal or not; I care that my child is not being allowed a choice of non-Halal meat alongside the Halal option.

And if it isn't a problem, then why label the meat at all? Can't you just accept that the label says "chicken with rice". Does it HAVE to say "Halal chicken with rice" ?

Comment

Working...
                      X