• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halal tulipe food

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yetanotherbob View Post
    (halal bacon and non-halal chicken for example).
    Uhm

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
      I'm not particularly a fan of the rituals surrounding halal - and I'm really no fan of any religion - but ultimately it's an easy way to cater to all.

So long as the meat is stunned first, whatever really.

Did you confuse the forum with the Daily Mail comments section perchance?
      Good to get a Daily Mail snowflake moral panic now and again.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        There is no need to slaughter animals for food. If you are going to get on an ethical high horse about it, become a vegetarian.
        Predictable thicko apologist nonsense. Ethics on this subject isn't absolutist; people choosing to eat meat do care how much pain the animal might have been through.

Halal meat: What does it involve and is it cruel to animals? | The Week UK

However, it is forbidden to use methods of stunning that can actually kill the animal, such as bolt guns. Animals not killed by ritual slaughter are considered carrion meat, which is haram.

Comment

Halal bacon?
          And why not. It's only another animal after all, isn't it?

I mean, if you can serve halal chicken to the rest of the world, then why can't you have some "halal" bacon to even things out?

Comment

There is no need to slaughter animals for food. If you are going to get on an ethical high horse about it, become a vegetarian.
            What high horse? I said I don't give a fig either way.

And I eat way more meat than you do

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
              Predictable thicko apologist nonsense. Ethics on this subject isn't absolutist; people choosing to eat meat do care how much pain the animal might have been through.

Halal meat: What does it involve and is it cruel to animals? | The Week UK

All meat production is cruel to animals. Some people just happen to fixate on one aspect that coincidentally is a Muslim practice. What are the chances of that?

I don't know what you think I am an apologist for. I disagree with all meat production.

Comment

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
                What high horse? I said I don't give a fig either way.

And I eat way more meat than you do
                Sorry for being unclear. I meant you as in one. Cannot usually bring myself to use one as a pronoun.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                  And why not. It's only another animal after all, isn't it?

I mean, if you can serve halal chicken to the rest of the world, then why can't you have some "halal" bacon to even things out?
                  It would by definition not be halal. I guess you know that. There are plenty of establishments frequented by Muslims which serve bacon. I expect Muslims just avoid it. Or eat it if they are not strict.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                    Kid works hard at 11+ and goes to a good local grammar school. At lunch they only serve halal meat.
                    And just found out that when my mum was in a local hospital here, again they only served halal meat.

What the f**ks the deal here?

I'm all for integration and equality but this just smacks of political correction gone wrong and of utter madness.
                    There is no way of telling if it's halal stunned or non stunned. There is also no way of telling if it's the haram parts of an animal that has been ritually slaughtered.

Yes, modern meat production is cruel. Partly because many of our local abattoirs have closed and most stuff goes through industrial scale processing plants where animal welfare seems secondary to productivity. But two wrongs don't make a right & non stun halal (and kosher) should be banned as it has been in Denmark among other places.

You want to practice your religion? Fine but you've got to do it within the parameters of the norms of a civilised society and barbaric slaughter practices certainly don't fit into most people's idea of what those parameters are. Ditto the subjugation of women & antipathy towards homosexuals. Other religions (well Christianlity) change to reflect the modern world we live in. Why not Islam?

Comment

Halal bacon?
                      Yes. I have seen that at some halal shops.
                      A close inspection of the packet it looks like bacon but says mechanically recovered halal turkey meat and coloring.
                      Last edited by Paddy; 20 September 2017, 22:00.
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X