• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Changing umbrellas - make sure you get P45 off old one

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing umbrellas - make sure you get P45 off old one

Otherwise, as I found out, it causes havoc with your tax code. If no-pne tells them otherwise, they will assume you have now got two employments with corresponding income.

Mine changed to K600 or something. Means a fair bit of extra tax for a few weeks (which will resolve itself). Still a bit of hassle though.

Bottom line if you change umbrella - get P45 and give it to new umbrella.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

This is news, really? Even my mum could tell you what happens if you move job and the paperwork doesn't instantly follow you.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

In other news, the sun will come up tomorrow morning....
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

That said this there is advice to people in this thread. If you can't get the absolute basics right, at least keep it to yourself. Don't post about it on the Internet.

Comment

This tulip is like catnip to you isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            This tulip is like catnip to you isn't it?

Glad you find it funny. It makes me rather glum. After years of pointing out PC is tulip at contracting and he should be employed it appears he's tulip at being employed as well... I'm stumped now.

Comment

Master of the bleeding obvious...

Thread moved to General.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Glad you find it funny. It makes me rather glum. After years of pointing out PC is tulip at contracting and he should be employed it appears he's tulip at being employed as well... I'm stumped now.
                His forté lies in claiming JSA. Anything else....forget it.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  Otherwise, as I found out, it causes havoc with your tax code. If no-pne tells them otherwise, they will assume you have now got two employments with corresponding income.

Mine changed to K600 or something. Means a fair bit of extra tax for a few weeks (which will resolve itself). Still a bit of hassle though.

Bottom line if you change umbrella - get P45 and give it to new umbrella.
                  Mods, can we make this thread a Sticky?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    This is news, really? Even my mum could tell you what happens if you move job and the paperwork doesn't instantly follow you.
                    Sure, but when you grow up in Benefit Valley, these are hard-learned skills.

Comment

Working...
                    X