• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It’s not a bike race, that would be illegal...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    I'm extremely cross about an aspect of this, but haven't decided which aspect yet.
    Would you like to borrow the infraction roulette?

Comment

Originally posted by jds 1981 View Post
      I doubt most of the cyclists will be going above 30 so don't worry.

Come on, why don't you just don't it and say "I don't like cyclists on my streets, I want to be able to sit on my fat arse behind other cars only"?

Sportives are not races, although you will find the odd numpty who might try to 'win' but these are viewed with the same contempt as those who leave numbers on their bikes after everts to prove they're serious or something...
      I don’t like people who travel along country roads in a way that is dangerous to them and to others.
      I don’t like people who think littering is acceptable
      I don’t like people who have no respect for the countryside
      I don’t like people who will tell you they have a right while showing no responsibility.

Doesn’t matter what mode of transport they are using.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

So it’s not a race, but they’ll time you and give you an award based on how fast you are going.
        Totally unlike a race then.
        Looks like in previous years the average speed required for a 'gold' was a harrowing, death defying, OAP risking 15.5 miles an hour.
        I suggest you write to your MP immediately to point out the life and limb being risked by this.
        If cyclists doing 15.5 mph isn't illegal it sure as hell should be.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Why not get retired-major-Rupert to use his machine gun on them?
          Awful messy that BP. I got some foxes that way once, took all week for the gardener to get the bits out of the trees. OP would be better off with a diesel spillage on a tight bend.

Comment

Originally posted by jds 1981 View Post
            Looks like in previous years the average speed required for a 'gold' was a harrowing, death defying, OAP risking 15.5 miles an hour.
            I suggest you write to your MP immediately to point out the life and limb being risked by this.
            If cyclists doing 15.5 mph isn't illegal it sure as hell should be.
            If the average going up a hill on a mountain bike is 7mph and the overall average is 15.5mph, what does that make the average speed when going downhill? Assuming 25% uphill, 50% flat and 25% downhill.

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
              Awful messy that BP. I got some foxes that way once, took all week for the gardener to get the bits out of the trees. OP would be better off with a diesel spillage on a tight bend.
              I suspect the accident last week that involved a cyclist being airlifted from near here was water on a tight bend.

Comment

I don’t like people who travel along country roads in a way that is dangerous to them and to others.
                I don’t like people who think littering is acceptable
                I don’t like people who have no respect for the countryside
                I don’t like people who will tell you they have a right while showing no responsibility.

Doesn’t matter what mode of transport they are using.
                Great, we agree on that.

Presumably it's the Malvern hills yes? Specific term and condition against people littering.

https://www.ukcyclingevents.co.uk/terms/

My experience of country roads is that it is the drivers more guilty of your aforementioned behaviour.
                Throwing rubbish out of their Windows, fly tipping Malvern Hills sends out clean-up crew after fly-tipping in Ankerdine Road (From Worcester News)
                Killing BBC News - Every death on every road in Great Britain 1999-2010 (search for Worcester) people https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ma...rn+road+deaths and crashes. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ma...urce=lnms&sa=X

But sure, rage about the cyclists..

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
                  Are tight bends allowed in Surrey?

Comment

So you just banned yourself from giving infraction points then.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Are tight bends allowed in Surrey?
                      I expect people just travel to Brighton for that.

Comment

Working...
                      X