• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stockholm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in Malmo a few times and beer etc wasn't too expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
      Is a NSFW label required?
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        Is a NSFW label required?
        No, nothing X-rated.

Comment

Hardly a fair comparison - decent night club is Stockholm vs probably the crappiest pub in the Toon... To quote one review on the Pig and Whistle (personally its being generous)

The pig and whistle is locally a right of passage if you haven't been it's a definite must, because seeing is believing, the drinks are overpriced for the place the people who get in are either underage or overage if you get my meaning, you feet stick to the floor, if your not standing on broken glass, but if you have not been I can not stress enough that you must go in for at least one drink, it's the best laugh you will have all night, a little bit rough but no bother that I have ever seen .situated in the heart of the famous bigg market it is a must for first timers and regular bigg market revellers. The usual selection of drinks and sprits, friendly doorman and fantastic staff. Go right now
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Go and see the Vasa Museum. It is a 17th century warship that sank on its maiden voyage and was perfectly preserved due to the brackish nature of the waters thereabouts.
            Pretty sure it was fished out of the Oggin back in the 1960s.
            The same sort of vintage as the Mary Rose but preserved almost intact.
            Cheers Shauny

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              A night out in a good bar in Stockholm is what most of us would call a "mortgage payment", in case you weren't already aware. The only people I've known who have even tried to do "a good night out in Stockholm" were on very generous expense accounts.
              Going business class so should be fairly trolleyed by the time I get there. Would like to try the Ice Bar though.

Comment

I also recommend the Vasa Museum, but make sure you are there early in the morning or you will find a long queue.

The Ice bar is nice, was fun to drink in the ice cup.

Comment

Some of the T-Bana stations are awe inspiring...

Comment

Working...
                  X