• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stockholm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stockholm

Doing a whistle-stop 48 hour trip to see the Rolling Stones in a couple of weeks.

Have never been before - just wondering if there's a few things I should prioritise in a day's sightseeing & some good bars for the evening.

Go and see the Vasa Museum. It is a 17th century warship that sank on its maiden voyage and was perfectly preserved due to the brackish nature of the waters thereabouts.
    Pretty sure it was fished out of the Oggin back in the 1960s.
    The same sort of vintage as the Mary Rose but preserved almost intact.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I hear the Grand Mosque is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Go and see the Vasa Museum. It is a 17th century warship that sank on its maiden voyage and was perfectly preserved due to the brackish nature of the waters thereabouts.
        Pretty sure it was fished out of the Oggin back in the 1960s.
        The same sort of vintage as the Mary Rose but preserved almost intact.
        Mary Rose a lot older I think

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Mary Rose a lot older I think
          Good spot. The Vasa sank around 88 years later.

I stand corrected...........a bit.

Still well worth seeing though.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
            Doing a whistle-stop 48 hour trip to see the Rolling Stones in a couple of weeks.

Have never been before - just wondering if there's a few things I should prioritise in a day's sightseeing & some good bars for the evening.
            A night out in a good bar in Stockholm is what most of us would call a "mortgage payment", in case you weren't already aware. The only people I've known who have even tried to do "a good night out in Stockholm" were on very generous expense accounts.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Stockholm

If you go to the Kreditbanken at Norrmalmstorg, watch that you don’t get kidnapped and fall in love with your captors.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                A night out in a good bar in Stockholm is what most of us would call a "mortgage payment", in case you weren't already aware. The only people I've known who have even tried to do "a good night out in Stockholm" were on very generous expense accounts.
                ^This. IIRC they have (or at least had!) a tiered system whereby the price of drinks goes up as it gets later.

When I worked there the waiters in our "local" would always tip us off shortly before 9 o'clock that it would be best if we stockpiled a few beers beforehand at the lower price.
                Mind you that was way back in 1991 so things may have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  Swedish Night Club Vs British Night Club

Comment

I'm going this weekend!

Comment

Working...
                    X