• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Theresa May's speech On Friday has been leaked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Suck my hairy plums ball root.
    If that was the edited version, I'd hate to see what the original comment was...

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Brexit: Theresa May's speech leaves Germans unmoved as continental press warns of 'problems' in UK's approach | The Independent

Lets face it the government has no other plan than to stay in the EU for an extra two years.
      The best 'Brexit' we can get from a Tory govt is the kind of fudge May is offering. There is simply no way to reconcile the positions of the Hammond/Rudd wing with the Borris/Gove wing. May has kicked the ball down the road and in 2021 it will be kicked again till after the election The election of 2022(assuming this excuse of a govt lasts that long) will be quite interesting. The conservatives will need to select a new leader and that will be an almighty blood bath between leavers and remain. That coupled with the soft economic growth at best could sweep Jeza into No 10 (Maybe in a grand coaliton with the SNP and Lib Dems)
      All in all it seems the cunning plan is to drag this all out to the next election in the ope of getting a new govt that is sympathetic to 'A very soft Brexit'
      BTW what is Liam Fox supposed to be doing between now and 2021? Talk about a cushy number

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        The EU have nurtured Greece so that they now can enjoy sustainable growth for the forseeable future.

Greece on brink of return to sustainable growth, economists believe*

Left to their own devices they probably would have become a permanent basket case like Argentina and as the UK will become when it can throw off the shackles of fiscal responsibility.

Moody forecasts the UK to become a hopeless basket case as a result of Brexit
        They may well throw off the shackles but the only debt I have left is a mortgage and it will be quite handy if I could have a quick dose of 1970s inflation to turn it from a 9 year debt to a the equivalent of a small car loan...

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
          They may well throw off the shackles but the only debt I have left is a mortgage and it will be quite handy if I could have a quick dose of 1970s inflation to turn it from a 9 year debt to a the equivalent of a small car loan...
          unless interests rates rocket to arrest runaway inflation
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            unless interests rates rocket to arrest runaway inflation
            I don’t think the coming fun will be able to be controlled the way traditional economists would expect to.

The MBA play book for the idiots in charge of most of the largest companies has been to strap massive debts to their ballance sheets. The thought was having the debt to repay makes the business more focused (seriously were did these idiots turn up from???) either way.

Screwing the mortgage owners will blow large holes in our business sector as well. So in effect we have an inhuman shield.

I think the most exiting part about this is the fact that the experts are going to have to prove their intelligence

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              If that was the edited version, I'd hate to see what the original comment was...
              Put a b in plums.

Comment

Working...
              X