• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Horse Race Betting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OP - you make money doing "proper" betting not matched betting?

Didn't think anyone ever won that way.....

Got loads of bookies accounts from matched betting days. Made a good few £K once.

Tell you what, you send me the money and I'll put bets on for you lol!
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      OP - you make money doing "proper" betting not matched betting?

Didn't think anyone ever won that way.....

Got loads of bookies accounts from matched betting days. Made a good few £K once.

Tell you what, you send me the money and I'll put bets on for you lol!
      I don't want to be responsible for your PAYE as you're inside IR35
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

My last perm job was at Ladbrokes, punters were classified depending on how much they win a standard punter is 1, they can bet a certain maximum amount (which is not revealed to the punter) a very frequent winner had a factor 0.1 meaning you can only bet 10% (some even had 0.01 which you may have) of the maximum amount, a very frequent loser factor 10 meaning you can bet 10 times more than the maximum amount.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          My last perm job was at Ladbrokes, punters were classified depending on how much they win a standard punter is 1, they can bet a certain maximum amount (which is not revealed to the punter) a very frequent winner had a factor 0.1 meaning you can only bet 10% (some even had 0.01 which you may have) of the maximum amount, a very frequent loser factor 10 meaning you can bet 10 times more than the maximum amount.
          So basically, we welcome losers, winners please go elsewhere.

A bit like CUK really.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            Anyone on here do much horse race betting?

I've been following this tipster for a few years now, on and off https://simonstips.com/

The biggest problem I have is getting the bookies to take the money. At one stage Ladbrokes wouldn't let me stake more than 93p on a horse. Paddy Power closed me down and refunded all the money left in the account.

I was trying to get to £100 per horse and quit contracting (increasing the stake based on the winnings), but at around £40 per horse all the online bookies limited me so much it became hugely time-consuming.

If you followed the tips he gave today, your bookie will start lifting your restrictions
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              If you followed the tips he gave today, your bookie will start lifting your restrictions
              you said that before the 8/1 win at 19:00
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

you said that before the 8/1 win at 19:00
                yeah, just seen it. Had them all on today

Comment

I'm using Betfair now. On the Exchange the odds aren't as good though, but there's an almost limitless number of people willing to lose their cash

I did consider having multiple accounts with each bookie but that came back to the 'so time-consuming to manage I'd be better off working' problem.
                  Maybe I should learn to script and automate it.
                  Have you done all the sign ups and the like with Profit Accumulator. I found their matching software quite good for taking the hassle out.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Have you done all the sign ups and the like with Profit Accumulator. I found their matching software quite good for taking the hassle out.
                    no. I'll have a look though. Thanks.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

So, in the last week, you'd have staked around £3.4K and be a couple of hundred up.

Even Psychocandy gets more than that a week (assuming two nights and a Sunday overtime).

Comment

Working...
                      X