• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shocking news!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Just beat me to posting it...

I cannot believe they just ****ed up thousands of cabbies that were all relying on UBER for a living...

regardless of what a prick Travis was he built a service that was accessible to work for...
    The reason they lost their licence is:
    1. Public safety - they have been more Uber drivers assaulting passengers than other types of cab drivers
    2. Tricks with regulators - they did nasty stuff in the US to prevent regulators looking at their data

TFL was going to get £3million of them for a licence so they are going to lose money. Addison Lee the next biggest firm will have to pay £1-2million.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      Don't be ridiculous. A female can't operate a car.....
      Well, not in Saudi Arabia they can't, but over here it's generally accepted that some actually can.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        Lived in London long have you? Thought not...

You could have walked most of that imaginary journey in 40 minutes.
        I was born in London.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
          Don't be ridiculous. A female can't operate a car.....
          Ideal then, no cars involved

Originally posted by Deliveroo
          Things you'll need
          A scooter, motorbike or bicycle with the necessary safety equipment
          A smartphone – iPhone (4S and above) or Android (4.3 and above)
          Proof of your right to work in the UK
          https://deliveroo.co.uk/apply

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
            Just beat me to posting it...

I cannot believe they just ****ed up thousands of cabbies that were all relying on UBER for a living...

regardless of what a prick Travis was he built a service that was accessible to work for...
            ...without any inconvenient things like checking adequately for criminal convictions. Or immigration status, or really stupid stuff like paying tax. Merely details...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              The reason they lost their licence is:
              1. Public safety - they have been more Uber drivers assaulting passengers than other types of cab drivers
              2. Tricks with regulators - they did nasty stuff in the US to prevent regulators looking at their data

TFL was going to get £3million of them for a licence so they are going to lose money. Addison Lee the next biggest firm will have to pay £1-2million.
              I think the sexual assault thing stinks. If Uber are not addressing it then that needs focus but compared to this headline:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a3226396.html

Im not aware of thousands of reports of sexual violence...

TfL just shafted a lot of drivers to protect a monopoly

Comment

Originally posted by tiggat View Post
                I was born in London.
                (About 3 weeks ago, by the sound of it)
                When was the last time you waited 40 mins for a cab? There are inmates in Pentonville who could organise a taxi quicker than that. Or are you one of those snowflake types who can't do anything, including wipe your own arse unless guided by an app?

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  (About 3 weeks ago, by the sound of it)
                  When was the last time you waited 40 mins for a cab? There are inmates in Pentonville who could organise a taxi quicker than that. Or are you one of those snowflake types who can't do anything, including wipe your own arse unless guided by an app?
                  That's my main memory of ordering minicabs on the weekend. I guess like many people of advanced age, with failing memory you probably have a rose tinted view of the past.
                  Last edited by tiggat; 22 September 2017, 10:45.

Comment

That's my main memory of ordering minicabs on the weekend. I guess like many people of advanced age, with failing memory you probably have a rose tinted view of the past.
                    You're a cheeky little bugger, ain't ya?
                    Here's a little tip, from a senile old git who's experienced the same problem as you, but had the good sense to create a workaround solution, thus: if you are going out of an evening on the weekend, don't leave it until the last minute to organise your going home facilities or you will have to wait a bit longer, and may have to travel home in a vomit-stained limousine courtesy of others of your generation who got there first.

Comment

I was born in London.
                      North, South or East Londoner?
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X