• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting Milestone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 years contracting. That's enough. You should be able to afford to retire now, or at least semi-retire

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
      10 years contracting. That's enough. You should be able to afford to retire now, or at least semi-retire
      How come I’ve been contracting since 1990 and I’m skint?

Women, fast cars and Apple Macs. The rest of it I just wasted....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        How come I’ve been contracting since 1990 and I’m skint?

Women, fast cars and Apple Macs. The rest of it I just wasted....
        If you just didn't buy those Apple Macs, you'd be sh1tloaded.

Comment

I’ve been in local brolly the last year while abroad, all money in and out of my personal account. Having been limited and able to draw off when needing more cash, certainly makes you realise how much money you spunk away.

Reigned it all in now and even got a budget! No more sky I don’t use, no more logmein just in case, no FreeAgent, no hosted server I got bus ltd on a whim...

Comment

I managed 20 years almost, before getting so pissed off with it all that I packed it in in 2015. Was lucky to have got the 'golden years' of 94 to 99 with a lucky mega earning period in the early 2000's.

Ltd co formed Oct 1995 and completed voluntary strike off last Monday.
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              I managed 20 years almost, before getting so pissed off with it all that I packed it in in 2015. Was lucky to have got the 'golden years' of 94 to 99 with a lucky mega earning period in the early 2000's.

Was just about to text you with a juicy gig too. Never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

Wow that's awesome, well done and congrats!

Plans now? Semi/Retire?

Comment

'Twas 20 years ago last July that Zeity made a brief foray into the contracting market, followed by a 3 week return to employment in a tuliphole in the SO2 fallout zone from the coking ovens in the Llanwern steelworks in Newport, which prompted another attempt at contracting which lasted for 7 years.

Congrats on surviving so long.

13 years more than I managed.
                  Last edited by zeitghost; 22 September 2017, 18:35.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    Was just about to text you with a juicy gig too. Never mind.
                    Very good. Text me the details and I'll see if I know anyone who'd be interested.

Comment

[QUOTE=ChimpMaster;2473213]Wow that's awesome, well done and congrats!

Plans now? Semi ? [QUOTE]

I'm planning a semi sometime soon

Comment

Working...
                      X