• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Please mourn loss of business they never used

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please mourn loss of business they never used

UK's oldest postcard firm set to close - BBC News

Their own fault, for not getting on with the program.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
      Their own fault, for not getting on with the program.
      I saw someone had started a company that sends postcards custom printed from your phone / social media account. At £3 a pop someone reckons there's a program
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Next it will be those fudge shops I see at many seaside places, all selling the same pre-packaged stuff produced on an industrial estate elsewhere in the UK. Probably up north where the only seaside the locals see is on the packaging they're fudge packing. Their management class it as a perk of the job to take their minds off their grim locality.

Strangest souvenir seaside shop I saw was at Newquay quite a few years ago where they had a shop selling nothing but those meerkat dolls from the insurance adverts. A real WTF moment, obviously failing to see the connection between them and the seaside tourist desire to buy crap souvenirs. Fortunately it doesn't seem to have caught on as the shop has long since gone and not seen one anywhere else.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
        X