• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bremoaners - the sooner they are culled the better

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bremoaners - the sooner they are culled the better

Whining, unpleasant and moronic. Don't believe in democracy. Can't provide a single argument - just insults.

And that is just the CUK mods(apart from cojak) who has the good sense to keep quiet. The rest are even worse.

Hopefully they will soon be rounded up and sent for extermination.

I’m with you on that one.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Whining, unpleasant and moronic. Don't believe in democracy. Can't provide a single argument - just insults.

And that is just the CUK mods(apart from cojak) who has the good sense to keep quiet. The rest are even worse.

David Cameron handed you a loaded gun to carry out the job yourself, but you shot yourself in the foot.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

We had a referendum in 1975. You (brexiters) did not accept the result and had 20+ years of moaning. You said you would not accept the 2nd referendum if it was a close call. I think the best of three should be the way forward.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          We had a referendum in 1975. You (brexiters) did not accept the result and had 20+ years of moaning. You said you would not accept the 2nd referendum if it was a close call. I think the best of three should be the way forward.
          But with 40 years inside the EEA first to maximise bitching and whining.

Comment

We had a referendum to stay in the EEC which at the time consisted of 9 countries and was geared around freedom of trade.

Not quite the same.

Comment

I did not agree with the result in 1975 - though accepted. I think there should have been a vote whether to accept Maastrict or not.

I would have accepted the 2nd referendum not matter how close.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                We had a referendum to stay in the EEC which at the time consisted of 9 countries and was geared around freedom of trade.

Not quite the same.
                Since June last year, approx 750,000 people in the UK have died and roughly 900,000 people have turned 18.

We had a referendum back then about leaving the EU, which was geared around taking back control of our borders (which we had control of anyway), taking back control of our laws (which we had control over anyway) and giving money to the NHS. We were going to break all ties with the EU and have a hard Brexit that was red, white and blue, etc. It would be led by David Cameron, who wasn’t going to step down, and A50 would be triggered immediately.

Cameron stepped down
                They all backtracked on the money for the NHS
                May stepped up and said there would be no snap election
                May called a snap election
                May triggered article 50 9 months late. Promised that the hard Brexit would be complete by March 2019
                May said there was no magic money tree
                May found £1.5bn to give to the DUPe.
                Boris brought back the claim of the NHS money
                May has backtracked on the hard Brexit and the date of it.

The UK is going to drift listlessly along as a second rate member of the EU for at least 3 more years, by which time a further 1.6million UK voters will have died and 2.2 million reached 18.

So that’s a change of about 5 million voters (not saying what way they would vote) from the point that the vote was made until the current end point of the process.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Since June last year, approx 750,000 people in the UK have died and roughly 900,000 people have turned 18.... <snip>
                  Much though I am loath to agree, good points. Where did you copy it from?

On this basis, should not the referendum be re-run every few years?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    Much though I am loath to agree, good points. Where did you copy it from?

On this basis, should not the referendum be re-run every few years?
                    There should be a Brexit app. All eligible voters have a Remain / Leave status which they update whenever they change their mind. Newly eligible voters record their status for the first time, and voters who lose eligibility have their status discounted.

Any time the balance changes, Article 50 is invoked or withdrawn accordingly.

Comment

Working...
                    X