• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aspiring heart surgeon spared jail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    A male GP has come on and said it is all pie in the sky. He was going to be an orthopaedic surgeon at medical school but now is a GP.

He says if she said she wanted to be a cosmetic surgeon or GP she would have got feck all sympathy.

And then that's not mentioning her gender....
    An ugly, old woman is 4 more times likely to be found guilty than a young fit one.

I wonder how many BJs she will have to give the judge in return for no jail sentence?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      Rich kids will end up getting off more lightly than 'council estate scrotes' as long as they can afford better legal representation. So much for universal and blind justice.
      Ernest Saunders.....

Comment

Rich kids will end up getting off more lightly than 'council estate scrotes' as long as they can afford better legal representation. So much for universal and blind justice.
        Indeed - but it is not right.

Unfortunately - lawyers.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Unfortunately - lawyers.
          Give everyone a random court appointed lawyer and means test payment.

Comment

Give everyone a random court appointed lawyer and means test payment.
            Probably a good start that.

Comment

Probably a good start that.
              It would make the rich and powerful sit up a bit and look at the legal system if they lose their advantage. Which is why it will never happen.

Comment

It would make the rich and powerful sit up a bit and look at the legal system if they lose their advantage. Which is why it will never happen.
                MPs were satisfied with the London sewage issue until the great stink.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johan_de_Witt

Maybe the UK should try killing and eating the PM?

13 years of Labour just added more inequality.

Comment

Unfortunately - lawyers.
                  I remember being up in front of the beak for ,ahem, a minor transgression when I was 19.

Chief magistrate was the mother of an old (public) school friend of mine. She let me off & bound me over to keep the peace despite customs & excise demanding a stiff penalty.

She probably shouldn't have sat on that case given that she knew me but WTF....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    MPs were satisfied with the London sewage issue until the great stink.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johan_de_Witt

Maybe the UK should try killing and eating the PM?

13 years of New Tories just added more inequality.
                    FTFY

It is suspicious, however, that you never see Eric Pickles and the fatberg together at the same time. Just sayin'

Comment

FTFY

It is suspicious, however, that you never see Eric Pickles and the fatberg together at the same time. Just sayin'
                      Name one way in which New Liebour improved inequality?

I know they only took idea that Major had and made them worse. But even so....

Comment

Working...
                      X