• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aspiring heart surgeon spared jail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Name one way in which New Liebour improved inequality?
    Not another.

Come back when you have learned enough critical thinking skills to have a proper conversation, and then you will see why the assumption underpinning your question has made an ass out of 'u' and 'umption'.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      Not another.

Come back when you have learned enough critical thinking skills to have a proper conversation, and then you will see why the assumption underpinning your question has made an ass out of 'u' and 'umption'.
      So you can't name one and resort to insults.

Sasguru in disguise.....

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
        I remember being up in front of the beak for ,ahem, a minor transgression when I was 19.

Chief magistrate was the mother of an old (public) school friend of mine. She let me off & bound me over to keep the peace despite customs & excise demanding a stiff penalty.

She probably shouldn't have sat on that case given that she knew me but WTF....
        Now they wouldn't be allowed to thanks to the EU.

Though to be honest it is also in the European Convention on Human Rights under ECHR and the UN declaration of Human Rights that you have a right to a fair trial so you can't blame the EU for it, and she should have refused to magistrate(?) on it as customs and excise could have kicked up a fuss.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Now they wouldn't be allowed to thanks to the EU.

Though to be honest it is also in the European Convention on Human Rights under ECHR and the UN declaration of Human Rights that you have a right to a fair trial so you can't blame the EU for it, and she should have refused to magistrate(?) on it as customs and excise could have kicked up a fuss.
          Only if they knew.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            So you can't name one and resort to insults.

Sasguru in disguise.....
            QED.

I'm going to have to help you out here, seeing as it is beyond your limited understanding. I didn't suggest that New Labour had reduced inequality. I was suggesting that they are in fact New Tories, in part for that very reason. The clues are all in there for those with an IQ > 100.

Comment

there was a lawyer on LBC with Nick Ferrari who said that it was pretty standard. The fact she was clean until this, remorseful and in rehab means she was unlikely to go to jail regardless of social class, though gender might have made a difference.

Personally I am ok with it, sending her to prison would not help her or society.

Were I the judge I would have asked for mandatory drug tests & counselling. Should be cheaper than £50k a year in prison plus there is a chance she could actually reform.
              Last edited by vetran; 26 September 2017, 22:12.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

scale this up a little... if we send her to North Korea to put the knee in Kim Jong Un neither regions, will we avert war? She is so pretty after all...
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

We're Brits. It's gaol.

Comment

30 days in clink, in a "look what you could have won" type deterrent

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      there was a lawyer on LBC with Nick Ferrari who said that it was pretty standard. The fact she was clean until this, remorseful and in rehab means she was unlikely to go to jail regardless of social class, though gender might have made a difference.

Personally I am ok with it, sending her to prison would not help her or society.

Were I the judge I would have asked for mandatory drug tests & counselling. Should be cheaper than £50k a year in prison plus there is a chance she could actually reform.
                      Just want to check that you are saying that a knife attacker, regardless of colour, creed or class, who had a clean record, was remorseful and had gone into rehab - that they don’t need to go to jail.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X