• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aspiring heart surgeon spared jail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Just want to check that you are saying that a knife attacker, regardless of colour, creed or class, who had a clean record, was remorseful and had gone into rehab - that they don’t need to go to jail.
    To be fair I do know a woman (local barmaid) who stabbed the father of her child - he was a ****** and deserved it but....

anyway she did not go to jail - not actually sure what did happen will find and out and get back to you!

Comment

Just want to check that you are saying that a knife attacker, regardless of colour, creed or class, who had a clean record, was remorseful and had gone into rehab - that they don’t need to go to jail.
      That is what the Lawyer said. However, please feel free to shoot the messenger. Or at least stab him in the leg.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        To be fair I do know a woman (local barmaid) who stabbed the father of her child - he was a ****** and deserved it but....

anyway she did not go to jail - not actually sure what did happen will find and out and get back to you!
        Diver's cousin(a lady) was beaten up by her husband one Saturday night while he was drunk. She was in hospital for 2 days - did not report it to the police or make any other protest.

The next Saturday night he fell asleep drunk on the sofa. She got a pancake pan(the incredibly heavy ones). And hit him over the head.

After he got out of hospital 3 weeks later their relationship was fine.

Way to go!

Comment

Whenever I tell a woman how Mrs BP tried to stab me they always ask "what did you do to upset her".

Men can just never win......

Comment

There is a whole lot of deliberation to be had around intent (which is the difference between murder and manslaughter, for instance) and mitigating circumstances

Comment

assuming there is little chance of reoffending and they are getting help I believe the odds of them not reoffending are higher with support rather than jail.

This is the opinion of the CPS, parole service & Judiciary as well.

This was domestic violence not random violence so it may be possible to fix.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                assuming there is little chance of reoffending and they are getting help I believe the odds of them not reoffending are higher with support rather than jail.

This is the opinion of the CPS, parole service & Judiciary as well.

This was domestic violence not random violence so it may be possible to fix.
                Ah, time to add in all your caveats.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It is indeed very odd that there's enormous emphasis on correcting domestic violence, but only if it's inflicted on women. I was attacked by a previous 'girlfriend' with a knife (after booze) and it's me that spent a night in the cooler, with the duty solicitor telling me to 'no comment' as the police would prosecute otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                    It is indeed very odd that there's enormous emphasis on correcting domestic violence, but only if it's inflicted on women.
                    If men are too embarrassed to come forward and say that their physically weaker and frequently smaller female partner is abusing them then no figures can be collated.

I was attacked by a previous 'girlfriend' with a knife (after booze) and it's me that spent a night in the cooler, with the duty solicitor telling me to 'no comment' as the police would prosecute otherwise.
                    More likely the duty solicitor knew what the current bugbear of the officers at that station was, so knew if you opened your mouth they would charge you even if the CPS dropped it later.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It is indeed very odd that there's enormous emphasis on correcting domestic violence, but only if it's inflicted on women. I was attacked by a previous 'girlfriend' with a knife (after booze) and it's me that spent a night in the cooler, with the duty solicitor telling me to 'no comment' as the police would prosecute otherwise.
                      Do we have your solemn word on that as an alt-right post-truth nutjob?

Comment

Working...
                      X