• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House prices : Listed vs sold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House prices : Listed vs sold

Hi,

Does anyone know of any sites that track listed prices vs what they actually sold for? Zoopla used to do something but seems as though they've stopped.

Thanks

VC

Try https://www.mouseprice.com/
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

nethouseprices.com will list the sold price, not sure if it can reference the selling price as well.
      Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
        nethouseprices.com will list the sold price, not sure if it can reference the selling price as well.
        Well a lot of sites list sold price. OP wants to compare vs list price !!

Comment

Very long winded but if you know when it sold could you use waybackmachine to check the site to see if you could find the listing. Bit useless for mass comparison though I guess
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Ok. Did this a while back.

You can download the land registry & then cross reference data against Righmove or Zoopla on the old ads.

Didnt find a clean set of data, but my analysis showed that houses on average go for less than 7% of asking on average.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

You can download the land registry & then cross reference data against Righmove or Zoopla on the old ads.

Didnt find a clean set of data, but my analysis showed that houses on average go for less than 7% of asking on average.
              Could you put that last sentence in English as I've not seen any houses that went for 7% of the asking price.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Thanks that's good to know!

I had hoped to find a way that was less labour intensive.

Comment

Read somewhere about regional differences in this.

At the time, London had hardly any difference between the two whilst the biggest difference between asking and selling price was in Yorkshire, which kind of makes sense if you live here.

Sorry can't post a link.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Could you put that last sentence in English as I've not seen any houses that went for 7% of the asking price.
                    It is in English. You don't appear to be able to read it though.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X