• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Argahhh! It's happening again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Rightio, now clientco has asked if I fancy becoming perm.

Never say never is my motto, but clientco has thrown an extra swerve ball into the usual calculation process which is

Do you want to be employed in the UK or in the Channel Islands? Whereby the Channel Islands is just 20% tax I also understand there may be some double bubble taxing issue, and I would only plan to stay there half the week(or 3 days). Anyone know Channel Island taxation?
    If you're a UK resident, you have to pay HMRC the balance. Sorry.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Never say never is my motto, but clientco has thrown an extra swerve ball into the usual calculation process which is

Do you want to be employed in the UK or in the Channel Islands? Whereby the Channel Islands is just 20% tax I also understand there may be some double bubble taxing issue, and I would only plan to stay there half the week(or 3 days). Anyone know Channel Island taxation?
      I think to benefit from those tax rates you need to be resident and ordinarily resident in Jersey. If this isn't another fantasy spend £5 speaking to a tax consultant.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        I think to benefit from those tax rates you need to be resident and ordinarily resident in Jersey. If this isn't another fantasy spend £5 speaking to a tax consultant.
        nah, - he'll queue up at citizen's advice

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          nah, - he'll queue up at citizen's advice
          And drink his own coffee from a flask whilst he waits in the queue.

Comment

Hold the phone, further swerve ball thrown in...... Will update in due course, but fook me I do love company politics.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Hold the phone, further swerve ball thrown in...... Will update in due course, but fook me I do love company politics.
              Fingers crossed....

Comment

Now left turn Clyde, gone the other way, could be on the bench by Thursday....
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You punched somebody (again).....?
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    You punched somebody (again).....?
                    Now I have a mental picture

oh flip

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0702723/...r/rm2572423680
                    Last edited by vetran; 26 May 2018, 11:04.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The truth about you is out....

Comment

Working...
                      X