• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour prepare to destroy the economy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what the welfare state has done, encouraged the stupid and feckless to breed
    I actually agree with you for a change.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      That's what the welfare state has done, encouraged the stupid and feckless to breed.
      Bit harsh, Suity isn't here to defend himself.

Comment

Brexiters caused it, hope you'll enjoy what's coming

Comment

The thing I always find with Corbyn, is he only ever appeals to the people he knows that will already vote for him, or maybe that is his trick, keeping his core in tact while the rest destroy themselves with in fighting.
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            The thing I always find with Corbyn, is he only ever appeals to the people he knows that will already vote for him, or maybe that is his trick, keeping his core in tact while the rest destroy themselves with in fighting.
            He learned that from Trump.
            The far(ish, Trump in this case) right and far(ish, in this case, Corbyn) left have always used the same tactics.
            The result historically has always been the same, oppression and tyranny, the minority dominating the majority.
            Abandoning the centre is a prescription for chaos - unfortunately this seems to be the path the UK and US have embarked on.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

And in other news a Brexiter starts a thread about Labour preparing to destroy the economy.

Many comments on this thread about why the economy will decline, but the main reason is that there are too many complete imbeciles in the British population.
              That's what the welfare state has done, encouraged the stupid and feckless to breed.
              Are there any stats to suggest this has had an effect on family sizes in different socio-economic groups? I would expect that the provision of free birth control through the welfare state is more likely to have had the opposite effect overall.

More likely that declining educational standards have left a large proportion of the population without the cognitive skills to see through the super-wealthy class's 20+ year Eurosceptic newspaper campaign. As a result, these poorly educated types have voted against their own interests.

Comment

He learned that from Trump.
                The far(ish, Trump in this case) right and far(ish, in this case, Corbyn) left have always used the same tactics.
                The result historically has always been the same, oppression and tyranny, the minority dominating the majority.
                Abandoning the centre is a prescription for chaos - unfortunately this seems to be the path the UK and US have embarked on.
                The centre is something of a moving feast. Standing for restoration of some trade union rights, nationalisation of railway and social housing building puts him somewhat on a par with Macmillan on domestic policy.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Have you seen the cover of The Spectator?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    Are there any stats to suggest this has had an effect on family sizes in different socio-economic groups? I would expect that the provision of free birth control through the welfare state is more likely to have had the opposite effect overall.

More likely that declining educational standards have left a large proportion of the population without the cognitive skills to see through the super-wealthy class's 20+ year Eurosceptic newspaper campaign. As a result, these poorly educated types have voted against their own interests.
                    According to this report it makes no difference - see page 6:

Socio-demographic comparison... - populationmatters.org

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                      According to this report it makes no difference - see page 6:

Socio-demographic comparison... - populationmatters.org
                      Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X