• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wedding Etiquette Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    I guess in the old days people wouldnt have lived together before marriage so they needed shedloads of stuff.

We lived together but still needed loads of stuff cos we were skint (21 years ago). Don't people use wedding lists these days?
    Yeah they do.

Though the nice people:
    1. Get married in the UK
    2. Don't ask for money or gifts
    3. Don't charge you to come to the wedding

This is because they know being a guest is expensive.

They then get people giving get them worthwhile gifts, or money with happiness.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      a cheque to Mr. & Mrs. Surname.
      That way they have to go and open a joint bank account. Isn't that romantic?
      NO! We ended up with a nightmare because of that (and it's dependent on changing name as well).

Comment

Wedding Etiquette Question - Sorted

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
        Help needed on this one please as totally not my area of expertise…I have been invited to a wedding reception in a couple of weeks time, although I am not able to make it.

The wedding couple have asked for donations to their honeymoon next year. My query is whether it is the done thing to just enclose cash with the card, or should I write a cheque ?
        All sorted - will send a card with cheque enclosed made payable to groom only, as I will send it in advance of the wedding next month.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
          All sorted - will send a card with cheque enclosed made payable to groom only, as I will send it in advance of the wedding next month.
          In preparation for divorce you should have sent 2 cheques for 50%. One to the couple and one to their lawyers.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            NO! We ended up with a nightmare because of that (and it's dependent on changing name as well).
            Only because you changed your name to Mr & Mrs Surname and pocketed the lot.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Only because you changed your name to Mr & Mrs Surname and pocketed the lot.
              "pocketed"? Is that the urban dictionary term for a sex change operation?

Comment

Working...
              X