• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wedding Etiquette Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wedding Etiquette Question

Help needed on this one please as totally not my area of expertise…I have been invited to a wedding reception in a couple of weeks time, although I am not able to make it.

The wedding couple have asked for donations to their honeymoon next year. My query is whether it is the done thing to just enclose cash with the card, or should I write a cheque ?

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Help needed on this one please as totally not my area of expertise…I have been invited to a wedding reception in a couple of weeks time, although I am not able to make it.

The wedding couple have asked for donations to their honeymoon next year. My query is whether it is the done thing to just enclose cash with the card, or should I write a cheque ?
    a cheque to Mr. & Mrs. Surname.
    That way they have to go and open a joint bank account. Isn't that romantic?
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

You can't make it. Shame.

Just write a cheque for £100k and leave the name blank.

Comment

Good question and I'm interested in the response. Also how much is acceptable. A friend of a friend got married recently and was chatting about it on a night out. They went through what was given with a fine toothed comb and was moaning about what some people put in and others didn't etc. I find the cash option a bit distasteful but it's the modern way and I can see the logic behind the request... Just a bit of an etiquette minefield as you say.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

wot?? - let's get married and ask everyone else to finance a nice holiday??
          Foxtrot Romeo Oscar.
          bloody cheek, send a cheque for 1 pence.

Comment

Sorry I don't have much experience of Gypsy weddings, don't you just throw cash at em?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              wot?? - let's get married and ask everyone else to finance a nice holiday??
              Foxtrot Romeo Oscar.
              bloody cheek, send a cheque for 1 pence.
              But it's better than 5 god awful cheap toasters and other tasteless cheap that doesnt match a single thing. I remember everyone wailing when wedding lists at John lewisvetc etc became popular.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                Sorry I don't have much experience of Gypsy weddings, don't you just throw cash at em?
                I don't know, I wasn't at your wedding...

Comment

How about a donation of your jizz in a cryogenic flask, better still, a pearl necklace?

Comment

Send them a toaster. If you think they deserve it, you could always make it a *new* toaster...

HTH.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X