• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where's Your Motor Been

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pherlopolus View Post
    I thought we all had new cars, and swapped them before they needed an MOT?
    Yeah but it is interesting to see what happens to the car after you have sold it on...
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      Glad you now recognise that Northern Ireland is a part of Ireland.
      which in turn is part of the British Isles
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Last time I was in Farnworth, it hadn't changed much.
        Most Boltonians are actually Farnworthians, having been born in the (now Princess Anne) Maternity Unit at Townleys (now Bolton General), which is geographically in Farnworth not Bolton.

Both my brothers born there, whereas I was born at Heaton Grange Maternity home which was near Overdale Crem., off Chorley New Road.

Alan Ball, Hilda Baker, Frank Finlay all famous Farnworthians. My dad always told me Sir Frank Whittle was from Farnworth but it's not true. Another in the string of lies he told me when I was a nipper, like Spaghetti is made from worms (still can't eat it), and the long flower beds in the roads around the Town Hall are giant's graves (still can't walk on them or even step over them).

Comment

Slightly off topic. A couple of years ago I was going to buy a used car at a showroom. I asked if they could and new one year MOT on it. They agreed. I came back in the afternoon and magically they had got a new MOT from a garage five miles away without putting any extra mileage on the odometer. I did not buy it.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            And the CTA, which is gonna drive a huge hole in the Brexit hard border talks cos it trumps the EU, even though it has no basis in law, it's part of the fabric, makes it even harder to get rid off...

Comment

Times are hard with Brexit looming.
              Or you have an aversion to eye-watering depreciation.

Comment

Glad you now recognise that Northern Ireland is a part of Ireland.
                Geographically, yes, but it's a whole different world 'in the North'.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Slightly off topic. A couple of years ago I was going to buy a used car at a showroom. I asked if they could and new one year MOT on it. They agreed. I came back in the afternoon and magically they had got a new MOT from a garage five miles away without putting any extra mileage on the odometer. I did not buy it.
                  You know loads of dodgy people.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                    Geographically, yes, but it's a whole different world 'in the North'.
                    And with no available MOT check, just like the rest of Ireland and Germany.

Actually, I had a lovely drive through Fermanagh yesterday. Pity it was pissing down as it looked stunningly beautiful. Will have to return.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                      Which is in turn part of Europe.

Comment

Working...
                      X