• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where's Your Motor Been

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's Your Motor Been

You can now find out where your old motor has been before it met you:

MoT History Check - DVLA

DVLA's MoT history checker now lists the testing stations where past MoTs were undertaken. Not much use for those in Germany, Ireland or that have more money than sense.

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post

MoT History Check - DVLA

DVLA's MoT history checker now lists the testing stations where past MoTs were undertaken. Not much use for those in Germany, Ireland or that have more money than sense.
    Back in the day i took my cars for MOT at One-eyed Jacks, Moses Gate, Farnworth nr Bolton, could easily convince him tail light etc was working, he could hardly see.

70’s eh?

Comment

That's been available for yonks. A friend of mine was going to buy a car off eBay until I directed her to that site and told her to look through all the advisories and failures the car had had. The mileage was also variable...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        That's been available for yonks. A friend of mine was going to buy a car off eBay until I directed her to that site and told her to look through all the advisories and failures the car had had. The mileage was also variable...
        But not with details of the MoT test station. That only surfaced yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Back in the day i took my cars for MOT at One-eyed Jacks, Moses Gate, Farnworth nr Bolton, could easily convince him tail light etc was working, he could hardly see.

70’s eh?
          Good old days. My grandfather used to get his driving license renewal signed off by his doctor. Supposedly he used to take a bottle of very nice Scotch with him and return without it.

Comment

But not with details of the MoT test station. That only surfaced yesterday.
            Ah...I see what you mean. Inneresting

Comment

MoT History Check - DVLA

Glad you now recognise that Northern Ireland is a part of Ireland.

You can only get results for tests done in England, Scotland or Wales since 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

70’s eh?
                Last time I was in Farnworth, it hadn't changed much.

Comment

I thought we all had new cars, and swapped them before they needed an MOT?

Comment

Originally posted by Pherlopolus View Post
                    I thought we all had new cars, and swapped them before they needed an MOT?
                    Times are hard with Brexit looming.

Comment

Working...
                    X