• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jealousy - family etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Make sure I NEVER tell family how much I earn.
    I always tell my family how much you earn so I can show how successful I am.

I suppose at least you earn more than NLUK.

Comment

Following on my comment about family expecting presents from holidays.

Make sure I NEVER tell family how much I earn. They do my head in. I'm not that loaded but we do OK. Wife only works part-time as a nurse so her income is not massive. But, we do have nice holidays and the rest of the family know this.

Number of times I've been called LUCKY. Pisses me right off. Don't speak to wife's sister because shes got a massive chip on her shoulder how we've got things that she hasn't. But apparently its because I'm lucky.

She left school with zero qualifications, I went to college. Of course (and shes said it), I get paid for sitting in an office tapping keys all day not doing real work.

Many times I'm tempted to say well you should have listened in school but my mrs wont let me!

Anyone else get this?

BTW. I certainly was not brought up with silver spoon in my wife. My upbringing/background probably could not have been worse/disadvantageous to be honest. Come from a very poor family - which I guess is why my dear sister in law winds me up so much.
      I know times are tough being on the rock and roll and all that, but if you budget over the year, you should be able to splash out for the family:

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I always tell my family how much you earn so I can show how successful I am.

I suppose at least you earn more than NLUK.
        Dole Scum vs Toilet Trader. They should make a movie out of that.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
          Depends on what she looked like.
          I couldnt even for a million pounds. Rough as a badgers arse.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I certainly was not brought up with silver spoon in my wife.
            why not? Sounds fun. She liked it when I did it.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Do you mean mouth? Or is this some sort of new perversion I should try? Sounds like the sort of thing JRM would do....
              Ha ha. edited now. Sounds good mind.
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Would you with sister in law ?

Comment

BTW. I certainly was not brought up with silver spoon in my wife.
                  Do you mean mouth? Or is this some sort of new perversion I should try? Sounds like the sort of thing JRM would do....
                  The question is whether you put it back after you've licked it.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I've always worked pretty hard in my career and been a little ahead of other people around my age in terms of salary, position, etc. But, there are plenty of times I've stayed really late, worked through nights and weekends, bla bla bla. Point is, never mind my extended family but even my own sister and grandfather see me exactly as you described OP: Lucky.

They all assume that I earn boodles of cash and whenever I change my car the first statement which always comes out of my sisters mouth is "Oh I bet that set you back a bit" - Well, as a matter of fact it did. But you know what? I've worked tirelessly for the past decade building my skills and knowledge, and see no reason why I should not feel the rewards that come with that.

What does sister do? Works in a hotel spa, but only when they have clients. What does sisters hubby do? Security for 10th in line to the throne; I.E. He watches a garden gate for 8 hours a day if he's on days, and essentially gets paid to have cat naps at night time.

I do have sympathy for you OP, it is extremely frustrating. Fortunately my extended step family from my Dad's second marriage are all extremely supportive, and my step mums three kids and I get on really well, one of them has his own business which is great, because he understands how much work it takes!

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
                      I do have sympathy for you OP!
                      Don't know him very well then. That will soon be eroded away.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X