• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jealousy - family etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    infact in our family, there is a tradition of trying to be the poorest so you don't have to get a round in and this goes through the generations

as an uncle (a farmer no less) said to me and my brothers a couple of years ago at our Gran's 95'th birthday party, when we asked him to buy us a beer he showed his empty pockets and said he hasn't got any money, we all chortled and bought him a beer

Milan.
    My MIL does that. Often we take her away for the weekend with the kids. I dont expect her to pay and she doesnt but its a bit much when she assumes this and doesnt even take any money or purse away with her. Winds me up that does a bit - at least have a few quid to buy your grandkids an icecream.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      My MIL does that. Often we take her away for the weekend with the kids. I dont expect her to pay and she doesnt but its a bit much when she assumes this and doesnt even take any money or purse away with her. Winds me up that does a bit - at least have a few quid to buy your grandkids an icecream.
      how much is her house worth

just keep an account of it and put in an invoice when the time comes

plus vat of course

Milan.

Comment

how much is her house worth

just keep an account of it and put in an invoice when the time comes

plus vat of course

Milan.
        I'm not sure PC's MiL is an owner occupier, given his Jeremy Kyle Show lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          I'm not sure PC's MiL is an owner occupier, given his Jeremy Kyle Show lifestyle.
          well each to their own as long as he's happy

Milan.

Comment

well each to their own as long as he doesn't tell us about it

Milan.
            FTFY

Comment

ROTFLMFAO

Milan.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPvRsLWlDXw