Jealousy - family etc Jealousy - family etc
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 117
  1. #1

    Ddraig Goch

    psychocandy - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cymru
    Posts
    10,145

    Default Jealousy - family etc

    Following on my comment about family expecting presents from holidays.

    Make sure I NEVER tell family how much I earn. They do my head in. I'm not that loaded but we do OK. Wife only works part-time as a nurse so her income is not massive. But, we do have nice holidays and the rest of the family know this.

    Number of times I've been called LUCKY. Pisses me right off. Don't speak to wife's sister because shes got a massive chip on her shoulder how we've got things that she hasn't. But apparently its because I'm lucky.

    She left school with zero qualifications, I went to college. Of course (and shes said it), I get paid for sitting in an office tapping keys all day not doing real work.

    Many times I'm tempted to say well you should have listened in school but my mrs wont let me!

    Anyone else get this?

    BTW. I certainly was not brought up with silver spoon in my mouth. My upbringing/background probably could not have been worse/disadvantageous to be honest. Come from a very poor family - which I guess is why my dear sister in law winds me up so much.
    Last edited by psychocandy; 28th September 2017 at 10:29.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

  2. #2

    Ddraig Goch

    psychocandy - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cymru
    Posts
    10,145

    Default

    Although to be fair Im also a bit jealous myself - of NLUKs superior wisdom in all matters.....
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

  3. #3

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk is always on top

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    40,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psychocandy View Post
    Anyone else get this?
    .
    Nope
    /thread
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  4. #4

    Super poster

    The_Equalizer is NOT a disguised employee

    The_Equalizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Back end of UK PLC
    Posts
    2,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psychocandy View Post
    Following on my comment about family expecting presents from holidays.

    Make sure I NEVER tell family how much I earn. They do my head in. I'm not that loaded but we do OK. Wife only works part-time as a nurse so her income is not massive. But, we do have nice holidays and the rest of the family know this.

    Number of times I've been called LUCKY. Pisses me right off. Don't speak to wife's sister because shes got a massive chip on her shoulder how we've got things that she hasn't. But apparently its because I'm lucky.

    She left school with zero qualifications, I went to college. Of course (and shes said it), I get paid for sitting in an office tapping keys all day not doing real work.

    Many times I'm tempted to say well you should have listened in school but my mrs wont let me!

    Anyone else get this?

    BTW. I certainly was not brought up with silver spoon in my wife. My upbringing/background probably could not have been worse/disadvantageous to be honest. Come from a very poor family - which I guess is why my dear sister in law winds me up so much.
    It's all relative. Get your sister-in-law to marry a banker, or even just a contractor.

  5. #5

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk is always on top

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    40,505

    Default

    I've got a great family who are all healthy and happy and I'm pretty well off to boot so they would be right, I am the luckiest man on earth.

    If other people have a problem with it so be it. I can handle it.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  6. #6

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    29,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    It's all relative. Get your sister-in-law to marry a banker, or even just a contractor.
    Problem is would one want to marry such an obvious gold digger?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  7. #7

    Super poster

    The_Equalizer is NOT a disguised employee

    The_Equalizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Back end of UK PLC
    Posts
    2,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Problem is would one want to marry such an obvious gold digger?
    Depends on what she looked like.

  8. #8

    Godlike

    barrydidit is a fount of knowledge

    barrydidit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    at the end of my tether
    Posts
    7,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    It's all relative.

  9. #9

    Super poster

    ladymuck is a fount of knowledge

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,409

    Default

    Your SIL sounds like mine. A bag of McCains on each shoulder.

    I do dislike being told I'm lucky. I've worked for everything I have; sometimes I've worked hard, sometimes I haven't. What I didn't do was buy (or expect to be given) a ticket and be assigned my life in some kind of lottery. I've made both good and bad decisions and dealt with the fall out from the bad ones without expecting anyone to bail me out.

    My brother is chilled about my general situation, as are my parents. My SIL seems to think I'm the favourite and get preferential treatment. She doesn't know that my retired parents help my brother out on a regular basis (and they really don't have a lot to be chucking around).

  10. #10

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    103,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psychocandy View Post
    BTW. I certainly was not brought up with silver spoon in my wife.
    Do you mean mouth? Or is this some sort of new perversion I should try? Sounds like the sort of thing JRM would do....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •