• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cricket Is The new Football

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    yep. That doesn't say whether they're going or not.
    I suspect they'll wait and see what happens with the police over the next few days.
    If Stokes gets charged then he almost certainly won't go - the wheels of justice won't move that quickly, but he'd be away until mid April with England and the distraction of him going at some stage won't help the team or him.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      16/1 on Australia to win the series 5-0 doesn't look too bad (that may have shortened somewhat now that Stokes in unavailable for selection until further notice)
      Yep - now 9/1 for Australia to win the series 5-0

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
      Aussies batting is pants, easy 3-1 win for England with or without Stokes
      16/1 for England to win the series 3-1
      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Stepping in to stop homophobic abuse. Lets hope he gets a medal.
        Is that what started the fight?
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Cant help thinking being on the lash at 2am when you're in the public eye is not the best idea though. Aint he been warned a few times about his lifestyle choices?

Hes not that young at 26 so should know better. And he was, in effect, on a work trip.

When I was that age, my employer sent me abroad loads of times. So yeh we went out on the beer whenever we could in places like Prague, Budapest, Rome etc. BUT, well aware that if I ever got into a fight and got arrested or something, I'd probably be sacked because I was, in effect, still working for them.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Cant help thinking being on the lash at 2am when you're in the public eye is not the best idea though. Aint he been warned a few times about his lifestyle choices?

Hes not that young at 26 so should know better. And he was, in effect, on a work trip.

When I was that age, my employer sent me abroad loads of times. So yeh we went out on the beer whenever we could in places like Prague, Budapest, Rome etc. BUT, well aware that if I ever got into a fight and got arrested or something, I'd probably be sacked because I was, in effect, still working for them.
            Yes, responsible father of two and vice-captain of the test team, who are about to embark on the all important Ashes tour...

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
              Yes, responsible father of two and vice-captain of the test team, who are about to embark on the all important Ashes tour...
              And in the middle of the current series
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
              X