• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The new commute

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new commute

Just waiting for plastering next week, decorating, final fix and electrics.

Landscaping is finished next week (just some fencing, new gates, raised beds for veg garden, a little bit of paving and turf to lay), planting mid-October, should look awesome by next Summer.

Been planning this for years now...can't wait.

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post

Landscaping is finished next week (just some fencing, new gates, raised beds for veg garden, a little bit of paving and turf to lay), planting mid-October, should look awesome by next Summer.

A proper man shed!
    I miss mine, I had a bathroom, bar and gym equipment in mine ....
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

nice escape tunnel you got going there in the foreground.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

How long will that take you to cycle?

Comment

It looks very nice. I presume the fence on the left fences off your out-buildings and the hedge on the right is the start of the garden.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            How long will that take you to cycle?
            Well the bike is in the garage behind, so I'd have to double back...

Comment

Is the circular pit on the left the new "visitors centre"....?

Last edited by greenlake; 28 September 2017, 15:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                It looks very nice. I presume the fence on the left fences off your out-buildings and the hedge on the right is the start of the garden.
                Close. My boundaries are the long fence on the left, the back of the garage is part of the rear boundary and the row of the conifers on the right are on the boundary but we have a driveway on the other side of the right hand fence in the photo which I own but has shared access for the two properties to the rear (a former owner of this house divided off a huge plot of land to the rear and built two bungalows).

There's some more fencing to go in to secure the rear of the "garden area", leaving a parking space behind the office and vehicle access to the RHS of the garage.

Comment

Why have you built a small jacuzzi and a mirrored wall on your helipad (I realise you’ve dug up part of the H)
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The big pit is for the sunken trampoline, which will be partially hidden once the planting around it is established. My wife and children really wanted one, I didn't want one of those big ones which the huge netting around them, so this was the best aesthetic (and expensive ) compromise.

I am within the weight limit though so I might have a go!

Comment

Working...
                    X