• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gone viral

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    Now that's a guitar! My brother has one of the six strings.
    My Shergold!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      My Shergold!

But by what conveyance, could you remove such treasures safely from a failing state.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Bit difficult especially as he was cremated...
        I hang my head in shame.... Ashes to ashes 😱
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
          I have a few thousand followers but you’re right, retweets and likes don’t translate to new followers.
          Not quite true. There are a few of the people I follow who retweet interesting things. I will follow any I find who catch my attention.

Which is why I’ve become slightly obsessed by medieval history (#medievaltwitter) and the bitchiness and bullying of the academia surrounding it.

CUK has nothing on that.

(But there are positive thing in there too!)
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Not quite true. There are a few of the people I follow who retweet interesting things. I will follow any I find who catch my attention.

Which is why I’ve become slightly obsessed by medieval history (#medievaltwitter) and the bitchiness and bullying of the academia surrounding it.

CUK has nothing on that.

I've ended up following a historian for the same reason.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

CUK has nothing on that.

Fair point.

Maybe more accurate to say likes and retweets of silly viral joke tweets don’t really translate to new followers.

I have picked up followers from retweets of sensible and work related tweets.

Comment

https://twitter.com/donaeldunready

Make Mercia great again!
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                X