• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you believe in AGW, the root cause has been found

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you believe in AGW, the root cause has been found

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...mission-source

Can't we just cut down the tropical forests then we will all be okay?

Look I have been quietly saying this for years. The solution to this problem is mass genocide. It doesn't matter who goes we just need to wipe out three quarters of our planets population.

That is never going to fly and its so nasty no one in their right mind will have the guts to say it let alone act on it. So we are going to go over the precipice with the well meaning bunny huggers making platitudes to save the tigers or whatever when all we need is less humans and most of this stuff will sort itself out in 50 years...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      https://www.theguardian.com/environm...mission-source

Can't we just cut down the tropical forests then we will all be okay?
      I think you've missed the point of the article. It isn't forests per se that the researchers claim release a net amount of CO2 but "degraded" ones.

But I wonder whether increased soil erosion, leading to more fertile run off into the oceans, doesn't increase the amount of marine algae, which in turn photosynthesise more CO2 back into O2

If the world's population doesn't decline soon, probably the only way to fix global warming will be to start installing giant opaque shields at the Earth's L1 Lagrange point, to literally act as a sunshade.
      Last edited by OwlHoot; 29 September 2017, 10:52.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
        Look I have been quietly saying this for years. The solution to this problem is mass genocide. It doesn't matter who goes we just need to wipe out three quarters of our planets population.

That is never going to fly and its so nasty no one in their right mind will have the guts to say it let alone act on it. So we are going to go over the precipice with the well meaning bunny huggers making platitudes to save the tigers or whatever when all we need is less humans and most of this stuff will sort itself out in 50 years...
        Ebola

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          I think you've missed the point of the article.
          99% of the CUK population understands.

Next time I will put the rolleyes sarcastic emoticon in especially for you.....

Comment

Working...
          X